The Student Room Group

Photography Portfolio - Westminster, Staffordshire, AIB

Well, I thought they wouldn't even call me, but they did! Staffordshire and AIB asked me to send them my portfolio, and Westminster asked for the portfolio and to write a short essay as well. I live abroad, and they said I don't need to travel all the way over to the UK for an interview, but I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing really...

I don't really know what to pictures to send, so those of you who have already gone through this, do you know what they look for in a portfolio? I am mostly interested in fine art and documentary photography, and most of my photos fall into those categories. Should I just concentrate on those, or maybe add some studio pictures as well? I also have some travel photos I find quite good, should I add these too?

Oh, and do any of you study at any of these places? I also applied for Newport and UWE, but haven't heard from them yet
Reply 1
Only include your best best work. The work that you feel sums up your personal photographic style and the work that you are really proud of. A variety of imagery is good to show - show the experience within photography, the technical aspects you can do but ensure that each piece has a distinct style.

Most importantly, it has to flow. That's something that AIB will particularly look for - if there's no continuity then that could let you down. I did my foundation diploma at AIB and was offered a place on the BA course and even though I didn't take it I know that it is a fantastic course. The current year students are all really enjoying it!

Latest