The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Let's just not talk about it :p: haha.

There's so much to learn for World at Risk and Going Global. And it's Unit 2 not that long after. I wish our Geography teachers let us do one of the papers in January!

Revision seems unproductive at the moment - for every bit that goes into my head, a little bit more of previously learnt stuff is pushed out.

Oh the joys of revision waheey :wink: How's it going for you? x
Reply 2
Did the Unit 1 Global Challenges in January so there's less pressure as the 40% exam is in June.

Got all the notes written up but not too sure how to approach the fieldwork and research...any tips? How do you revise this big chunk for the exam?
busdepp
Did the Unit 1 Global Challenges in January so there's less pressure as the 40% exam is in June.

Got all the notes written up but not too sure how to approach the fieldwork and research...any tips? How do you revise this big chunk for the exam?

I am reeally annoyed we didn't do it in january too...was the january exam easy? I heard it was quite pushed for time???
AHHH IT's a week today!!!!!!!!!
Reply 5
Less than a week now!!!!!! :eek:

Having no past papers is so frustrating! What textbook do you guys have? The one by Digby etc. or Phillip Allan or any others?
subathetuba
Less than a week now!!!!!! :eek:

Having no past papers is so frustrating! What textbook do you guys have? The one by Digby etc. or Phillip Allan or any others?

I use the Pearson one... although I don't like it much...
I am really freaking out now...
Im doing unit one next week as well. THough I'm not dreading it as much as I only need a averagy grade (~midC) to get an A at AS though because of my Jan unit 2. Someone on this website uploaded the jan paper (unit 1 and 2) which might be useful http://newedexcelgeog.ning.com/
Reply 8
i'm doing both:O and i'm on that ning thing- it's very useful!
Robbie10538
Im doing unit one next week as well. THough I'm not dreading it as much as I only need a averagy grade (~midC) to get an A at AS though because of my Jan unit 2. Someone on this website uploaded the jan paper (unit 1 and 2) which might be useful http://newedexcelgeog.ning.com/

It says when I try and go on that that it is by invitation only...¬!!! but I really need to see those papers!!! any other way of getting them?
Reply 10
rockingreviser
It says when I try and go on that that it is by invitation only...¬!!! but I really need to see those papers!!! any other way of getting them?

I can get you the link when i get home from school. It wont let me access the site in school.:smile:
Reply 11
rockingreviser
Ok so paper one is coming up soon..Hows everyones revision going?

http://api.ning.com/files/pu8uLmvq-s...9exampaper.pdf

Thats one of the papers.
2 days aaaahhhhh
Reply 13
i done global challenges in january and got a D .. i need a B this time.. i actually dont see why i got a D. The exam seemed okay'ish in Jan, don't see where i go wrong :frown:
I anticipate an essay question on population change in Europe.

i.e. "Examine the advantages and disadvantages to the host country of European migration"
[15 marks]

Obviously using Polish-->UK and UK--> Spain as studies, I think this would be a really nice question. They would probably ask something more specific though
Reply 15
I hope they have a essay question on migration, its my strong point.
Also, causes of global warming; anthropogenic and natural as that was not on the January paper at all.
Reply 17
Robbie10538
Also, causes of global warming; anthropogenic and natural as that was not on the January paper at all.

Wait whats anthropogenic?
I'm revising geog this afternoon now:smile:.
Any other thoughts on what will come up?
anthropogenic = human (causes)

Er possibly Africa as well, as Jan 09 was focussed on the Arctic.
Reply 19
Robbie10538
anthropogenic = human (causes)

Er possibly Africa as well, as Jan 09 was focussed on the Arctic.

I went and looked it up.
You retaking? what you get in jan?

Latest