The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

bodington = the most social accommodation??!

heyy,
am i right in thinking that bodington hall is generally the most social accommodation year after year at leeds?
thanks for your comments in advance!
Xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
its miles away though :/
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
From what I can tell it does rock year after year. Not many people manage to fail at having a good time at bod.
Reply 3
mistth12

Depends if you'd rather deal with a long journey in or living with a bunch of knobend rich kids lol.
Reply 4
hahaha, this is also true :smile:
i really cant decide on my accomodation for leeds
carr mills looks nice, bit dull. Concept Place i liked the look of
Reply 5
Elipsis
From what I can tell it does rock year after year. Not many people manage to fail at having a good time at bod.

Sounds good!
Have you lived there?
Reply 6
mistth12

yehh i know! im trying to decide if i can deal with the journey...
Reply 7
glamorous01
Sounds good!
Have you lived there?

No, but I did enjoy my halls though (Oxley, not my first choice). My friends lived up there and there is always something going on without failure. Plus the bar there is always worth a visit.
Reply 8
glamorous01
yehh i know! im trying to decide if i can deal with the journey...

Depends on your course. I wouldn't reccomend Boddington if you're doing medicine or a science for instance.
Reply 9
Elipsis
No, but I did enjoy my halls though (Oxley, not my first choice). My friends lived up there and there is always something going on without failure. Plus the bar there is always worth a visit.

would you reccommend it over oxley?
what was your first choice?
i am doing psychology..
sorry about all the questions hehe
It's a mission to get to and from but everyone I knew who lived there had an awesome time.
Reply 11
Hmmm... I am doing physics, but Bodington does really appeal, it seemed to have a really good atmosphere on viewing day, and the social does appeal. Am I being unrealistic, what with the gruesome hours I will have?

Furthermore... Catered/Self catered: what is better at Bodington?
Reply 12
glamorous01
would you reccommend it over oxley?
what was your first choice?
i am doing psychology..
sorry about all the questions hehe

I'm in two minds about whether i'd reccomend it over oxley. It's definately a lot bigger than Oxley, and a lot cheaper, so that's a bonus. But Oxley has ensuites which is pretty handy. Of the two i'd say most people would prefer Boddington. You'll be fine doing psychology when you're in Boddington, I think psych is about 10 hours per week?

My first choice was Lupton I think? But I didn't go looking at many halls. I'm glad I didn't end up at Lupton though, that's more like a collection of skanky flats than anything.
Reply 13
Elipsis
Depends if you'd rather deal with a long journey in or living with a bunch of knobend rich kids lol.

So where do all the rich kids at Leeds Uni live then?
Reply 14
Sophie K
So where do all the rich kids at Leeds Uni live then?

They generally go to Devonshire because it looks most like Oxbridge.
Reply 15
Elipsis
I'm in two minds about whether i'd reccomend it over oxley. It's definately a lot bigger than Oxley, and a lot cheaper, so that's a bonus. But Oxley has ensuites which is pretty handy. Of the two i'd say most people would prefer Boddington. You'll be fine doing psychology when you're in Boddington, I think psych is about 10 hours per week?

My first choice was Lupton I think? But I didn't go looking at many halls. I'm glad I didn't end up at Lupton though, that's more like a collection of skanky flats than anything.

Ohh so psychology is a subject without that many hours in lectures etc? Is there a way i can find an example timetable?
So even though it is so far out bodington would still deffinetly be a fun place to live?
Reply 16
glamorous01
Ohh so psychology is a subject without that many hours in lectures etc? Is there a way i can find an example timetable?
So even though it is so far out bodington would still deffinetly be a fun place to live?

Yeah it definately would be a fun place to live. Because you're so far out (4miles+) you get a real sense of community. Don't quote me on this but I think that for psych you'll be in about 10 hours per week, and will generally have at least 1 day off per week. For history I was only in 3-5 hrs per week, so it could be more or it could be less. Generally the more Arts based the subject the less time you'll be in. I dunno where you could find an example timetable though.
Reply 17
I'm at oxley - if I had to go back to halls, though I didn't ask for it first time round, it would be a close call between back to Oxley again or Boddington.
Reply 18
Freud
I'm at oxley - if I had to go back to halls, though I didn't ask for it first time round, it would be a close call between back to Oxley again or Boddington.

What did you put as your first choice?
So the distance wasn't a problem for you with both being the furthest out accommodations?
Hiya,

Just thought I would comment on this to say EVERYONE GO TO BOD!

I have just completed my first year there and I was President of Bodington. In my opinion, it is by far the best halls. I am not just saying this because I am obviously slightly biased, but it really is. It is extremely sociable, especially if you are catered which I strongly recommend as you get to meet far more people and, in my experience people who were in catered had a much better time than those in self-catered.

Also, Bodington has many of its own events. We had the Bodington Christmas and Easter Balls, which were very successful. Reggie Yates came to the Christmas one and we had Nick Grimshaw at the Easter event!

Finally, please don't let the distance put you off, if anything, it is a bonus! You get to meet lots of people on the bus, again adding to Bod's strong social scene. Also, it's quite nice in the morning to have a bit of a break and chill out before lectures. I also much preferred getting the warm bus back to halls after lectures finished, rather having to walk 30mins in the cold, wet and rain back to another halls.
We also have our own bar! Which is a great start to the night adding to your own pre-lash whilst waiting for the bus. The bar also holds events throughout the year such as a cinema day and open mic nights.

Obviously, go with what you choose, but to be honest, I think Bodington is by far the best halls and i think it will give you the best start in Leeds in your first year as a Fresher :smile:

Best of luck with whatever you choose!
Lucie Williams

Quick Reply

Latest