The Student Room Group

Urgent Coursework Help Needed - 2day Only

I am doing ocr Chemistry (triple sciences)
Good News? I have jus gotten my coursework back. I have today to sort out my chemistry and improve it to a grade i deserve. I also got my physics coursework grade - i got A* so that is the type of standard i want to get this up to. Obviously i'd be happy with an A well even a B really. But in my experience if u am for the highest u will only fall to the grade that u still feel is satifactory. HELP NEEDED URGENTLY
HERE IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN NOW

OK so this what my marking looks like so far.

For strand S
Complexity_lvl 7
Techinique_lvl 6
Autonomy_lvl 5
Mark = 6

For strand C
Control_lvl 4
Range_lvl 5
Quality_6
Mark=5

For strand I
Graphical_lvl 6
Processing_ blank but i think its supposed to be
Conclusion_lvl6
Explanation_lvl4
Mark=5

For strand E
evaluating procedure_lvl4
evaluating data_____lvl6
Judging reliability___lvl 0
Mark=3

Strand P
Description of work_lvl6
Recording Data_lvl8
Labelling_blank
Qualitative Observation_blank
Quality of Communication_lvl6
Mark=7

TOTAL 26

My teacher said do a graph using error bars and do the Judging Reliability part. But i presum i will need more for the grades i am looking at. He gave me this as a last mminute chance to up my grades.
Any help would be appreciated.
you deserve to fai for not realising that in order for anyone to offer any intelligent input they would need to know about the nature and purpose of the experiment in question and the quality of the data you are considering putting error bars on.
Reply 2
chemistryhelper
you deserve to fai for not realising that in order for anyone to offer any intelligent input they would need to know about the nature and purpose of the experiment in question and the quality of the data you are considering putting error bars on.

Harsh. But, to some extent, true.
in what sense is it not true ?
Reply 4
chemistryhelper

That is a little harsh. Anyway i was aware of that. I just presumed anyone who could offer help would have to have substantial knowledge on the subject. And the ocr 21st century chemistery coursework is based on the reaction of Magnesium and Oxygen only. SO i just figured this would already be something anyon who is going to help would know and i wouldn't need to be too detailed. Also i gues this is the extent to which kinkerz thought it wasn't true

ANyway i got some help from a friend who got a A* so i should have improved it enough.
Reply 5
chemistryhelper
in what sense is it not true ?

Well it's the last day he's got to do this, and he's probably tense and looking for quick solutions, so typed in a rushed message. That doesn't automatically mean he deserves to fail.

But I do agree, if he wants help he should make it as easy as possible for people to help.
Reply 6
yh i gues chemistryhelper and kinkers am right. Oh well Lesson learnt
people deserve to fail if they do not realise that the way in which data is analysed and assessed depends upon the data itself. it is odd that people so often overlook the really basic tenets of doing science, such as needing to look at the data. speaks volumes about current priorities in science teaching.
Reply 8
yh well my science teaching is crap. Set 1 pupils recieve E's. MY teacher couldn't teach and left so much of the curriculum out. So much so that on the last week he thouht he would teach us P6 and P7 in one go. To be fair students would play up so much that is was hard for him. But if he cant control a class he shouldn't even be teaching.
Reply 9
Joshua_Harvey
yh well my science teaching is crap. Set 1 pupils recieve E's. MY teacher couldn't teach and left so much of the curriculum out. So much so that on the last week he thouht he would teach us P6 and P7 in one go. To be fair students would play up so much that is was hard for him. But if he cant control a class he shouldn't even be teaching.

Don't know about that...

I've been in virtually uncontrolable classes, yet had a good teacher despite the anarchy.

Latest