The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Accepted My Offer to King's and Have Some Questions.

Hi,

I have recently accepted my offer to King's College London and I was just wondering how long does it normally take for them to contact you with information about accommodation, I heard they gave you a username and password and you completed a form online, how long does it take them to provide you with this information from the day that you accept your offer?

Another thing that I was wondering was how fast is the Internet connection and is it unrestricted? Will I be able to play online games, download music etc I know this may vary between the different places of accommodation but I since I do not yet know where I will be staying could you try and give me an idea of the speeds/restrictions in all of the halls?

Thanks.
Reply 1
My log-in information for accommodation application was given to me in my offer letter, though perhaps it's different for international students.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Mine was also in my offer letter, and in the email KCL sent as soon as I was offered. If yours is in neither, you should contact KCL to query.
Reply 3
Yeah thanks, I found the information.

Ok now that's sorted can anyone answer the questions I have about the Internet in the various places of residence?
Reply 4
Hey I have done the firmed and chosen my accommodation.. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything else since?

Someone on FB told me they had received an a-z of London or something... ?
Reply 5
I got that too - "The Map". It's pretty cool :top:
Reply 6
Yeah the map was really nice, I thought it was pretty funny though how they sent it BEFORE I had accepted my offer, they must be pretty confident that you're going to go to King's xD.

Anyway, can no one answer my questions about the internet in the halls?
Reply 7
I think they send it to anyone who is accepted, especially since it includes a postcard from the VP of the student union extolling the virtues of KCL.
Reply 8
Intercollegiate halls have restrictions on how much you can download, I have never got anywhere near it, but i know loads of people who have, basically you can't download lots of movies/music. The amount is reset everyweek, and if you go over, then you get a very low speed internet for the rest of that week.
However at the moment the monitoring system is under matinance, and i know some people have been downloading A LOT!
Reply 9
Ah I would never really be one to download a lot anyway but I do a bit of online gaming (Well....quite a bit....) and also I do download albums every now and then so I was just thinking about those.

Sounds good though, thanks.
As far as I know at the King's only halls there are no restrictions. There definitely aren't any here at GDSA.
Reply 11
On the talk of the map, my friends who are off to Kings got one each but I never did? They're dead good as well I don't want to miss out!
Reply 12
Applegeek
On the talk of the map, my friends who are off to Kings got one each but I never did? They're dead good as well I don't want to miss out!

Same I havent got one :frown: !

wonder if I should ring kings.. hope they havent forgotten about me :s-smilie: xo
Map? Postcard?

I received the letter offering me a place, but since I firmed King's about two months ago, I've not received anything else. Should I have done?
Reply 14
Mm yeah I think you should have, don't think you get anything important though so don't worry.
Awww man. You mean my map's got lost en route?

So You Failed, did you make a decision on accommodation? And out of interest, what gaming platform for your online gaming goodness?
Reply 16
Emul Pedmon
Awww man. You mean my map's got lost en route?

So You Failed, did you make a decision on accommodation? And out of interest, what gaming platform for your online gaming goodness?

Yeah I have a pretty rough idea for the order of my accommodation, however when logging on to the online application thing I get a message saying my account has been disabled <_< I think this is because I changed the password and can't remember what I changed it to though, so I will have to contact the accommodation office.

As for gaming I mostly just play a game called Guild Wars on my laptop and then play a few other games on the Xbox 360.
Lolzees. I did that with my password too. At least I think I did. It doesn't look like it'd take much to break the MyDigs doodad. I managed to login eventually though.

Not played Guild Wars myself. Used to play WoW. I'm mainly 360 nowadays. I had somewhat of a dilemma when Fallout 3 came out. Stay in college and play Fallout 3 sporadically, or leave college, be a bum and play that sucker all week long. I think it might be wise for me to leave the 360 at home in September lol.

Thankfully, with still a few weeks left of college, I've already met and surpassed my conditions. So I can kick back and get in some decent online R&R. Though in a weird twist of reverse psychology I actually feel like doing some more assignments.
Reply 18
I haven't had the pleasure of playing Fallout 3 yet, it does look very immense though.
It really is. And there's the new DLC which has extended it passed the original ending. Immense and immersive.

Sweet. My map came today.

Latest