The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The difference between Israel and EVERY other nation in the middle east is that the judical system in Israel is far more intact than any other. The Law is above every citizen. No one can hide from it. Soliders are sent to jail for human rights violations agaisnt palesitinians. This HAPPENS.

Secondly, the Israel has more human rights orginisations than the Arab countrys put together.

The world critisizes Israel because it is a Jewish State. My brother was at the UN durban 2 conference as part of an NGO. He said he has never witnessed so much anti-semitism (behind the scenes). People within other NGO's ACTUALLY think that the Jews were behind the slave trade. People ACTUALLY think that the holocaust didnt happen. I could go on. This wasnt some KKK meeting. This was at the UN conference. One Iranian minister shouted zio-nazi at a Jewish NGO delegate. There were numerous cases.

There was a rally about Darfur (run by a Jeiwsh NGO) outside the conference.

Not a mention of the conflict within the conference.

Its absurb politics. Politics where China, Sudan and other Arab nations unite to form political fronts, hiding away from real situations..

Its a disgrace.
Reply 101
maths-enthusiast
I don't think so. If you compare the levels of income in rich Arab countries, not even with all the aid pouring in from Amerika and elsewhere, does the richest of the richest Zionist earn quite as much as an average Arab in the UAE, Qatar or Kuwait perhaps.

As a general rule, higher income leads to better standards of living, better schools, better healthcare, better housing and other 'rights', which are not easy to provide if your income is a measly amount, whatever amount that may be.

Indeed the Arab 'camp' has a lot of sensible people who don't support terrorism of anybody including Palestinians, caused by the Zionists. I'd wager it's true for most other 'camps' barring the Zionist 'camp' obviously.

What the hell are you on about? I said they enjoy greater rights in Israel, not earn more or less.

Also the aid Israel receives is grossly exaggerated. http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/42/30/41732048.jpg

In terms of US Dollars per year, Israel does not make it into the top 10 recipients from the USA. Top 10 recipients are Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Colombia, Egypt, Nigeria, Congo, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Kenya. All these countries receive far more from the US than Israel does. Does Congo run America?

It's not in the top 10 for aid received from all OECD countries either, in case you're wondering.
http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/17/39/41732077.jpg

Latest

Trending

Trending