The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What do you mean by 'summary'?
Reply 2
cheese_on_ice
anyone have a summary of public schools???????????

People who can afford private education in grammer schools go to them.
A puplic school is provided with no cost to the public it is a state institute to educate children to work and improve britains work system and the economy.Imagine if we all had to pay for education it would not be very good imagine all the unemployment.Public education is a state institrutin set up due to changes of society through industrialisation.
Hows that for a summary?
Reply 3
TIGTIG
People who can afford private education in grammer schools go to them.
A puplic school is provided with no cost to the public it is a state institute to educate children to work and improve britains work system and the economy.Imagine if we all had to pay for education it would not be very good imagine all the unemployment.Public education is a state institrutin set up due to changes of society through industrialisation.
Hows that for a summary?

Sorry are you saying grammars = pay, public schools = free, as that is totally wrong.
Reply 4
Lord Huntroyde
Sorry are you saying grammars = pay, public schools = free, as that is totally wrong.

Really what grammer school do you know of as being free?
public schools are free.Why do you think government take taxations.public school is a state institution.duh.
Reply 5
Lord Huntroyde

yep i agree.

public school= fee-paying + independent (private)
state school= government run (includes grammers + comprehensives as well as high schools etc.)

lou xxx
Reply 6
TIGTIG
Really what grammer school do you know of as being free?
public schools are free.Why do you think government take taxations.public school is a state institution.duh.

I know 164 grammars that are free, and all true grammars are free. On the other hand, I know of no public schools that are free, indeed, some are very expensive.
Reply 7
cheese_on_ice
anyone have a summary of public schools???????????

if you go on hhtp://gaurdian.co.uk then onto eduation they have tables for grammar schools and comps as weel in the UK
Reply 8
Here we go again... Grammar schools are state owned and state run! The only grammar schools that charge fees were once grammar schools in the traditional sense of the word, but they are now private schools that have simply retained their old name to keep past students happy.
Reply 9
Lord Huntroyde
I know 164 grammars that are free, and all true grammars are free. On the other hand, I know of no public schools that are free, indeed, some are very expensive.

Grammer schools in my area are not free.Grammer schools are for toffs who have to pay for tution please believe me if a grammer school was a public school surly anyone could go to one and this is not the case. anyway why am I getting into an arguement over school I have'nt been to one in 2 years.
Reply 10
TIGTIG
Grammer schools in my area are not free.Grammer schools are for toffs who have to pay for tution please believe me if a grammer school was a public school surly anyone could go to one and this is not the case. anyway why am I getting into an arguement over school I have'nt been to one in 2 years.

Real grammar schools are selective state schools. End of story.

And public schools are not for the general public! State schools do not equal public schools. Christ.
Reply 11
Lord Huntroyde

Did you go to a grammer school
Reply 12
Tigtig you are wrong. I go to a grammar school and it is totally free!
Reply 13
TIGTIG

No arguement state schools (grammars and comps, mostly) = free
public/private/independant schools = you must pay.

True grammars are all state ie. free.

As Tednol said, some private schools call themselves grammars, but they are not true grammars.
Reply 14
Lord Huntroyde
No arguement state schools (grammars and comps, mostly) = free
public/private/independant schools = you must pay.

True grammars are all state ie. free.

As Tednol said, some private schools call themselves grammars, but they are not true grammars.

u all have ruined the point of this conversation,
Reply 15
Quite ironic that you have to pay to go to a public school

TIGTIG - I am at a grammar now.
Reply 16
cheese_on_ice
u all have ruined the point of this conversation,

Well you should be able to work out what public schools are now.
Reply 17
Lord Huntroyde
Well you should be able to work out what public schools are now.

lol yep
Reply 18
~Sam~
Tigtig you are wrong. I go to a grammar school and it is totally free!

the first year of grammer school is free your parrent wages get taxed more after that year
Reply 19
cheese_on_ice
lol yep

then why bring it up

Latest

Trending

Trending