The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Where to live????

Hi everyone..i'm an international student from Malaysia..i get a conditional offer from uni of manchester and its my firm..and nw i need to apply for accommodation and i need some advice..I'm going to take architecture undergraduate..so which place is more suitable, better, more fun, more sociable? Besides that self-cater or cater hall is better? seriously need some advice from u guyz..dun mind to gv any suggestion or advice..thx alots..
tehsc
Hi everyone..i'm an international student from Malaysia..i get a conditional offer from uni of manchester and its my firm..and nw i need to apply for accommodation and i need some advice..I'm going to take architecture undergraduate..so which place is more suitable, better, more fun, more sociable? Besides that self-cater or cater hall is better? seriously need some advice from u guyz..dun mind to gv any suggestion or advice..thx alots..

Try looking at the accommodation thread or posting your question in there, it's at the top of the page in the University of Manchester subforum :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Well there's 3 accommodation campuses: City, Victoria Park and Fallowfield.

The City campus is (obviously) located nearer to the city centre than any of the others. Victoria Park is a mile or so below it and is the closest to the university itself. It's also reputed to be the quietest of the 3 campuses (though this doesn't seem to have diminished its social side) as it's a leafy conservation area. Then below that there's the infamous Fallowfield campus, which is definitely the most social campus (its got a hell of a reputation for partying).

Catered or self-catered? Well that's completely up to you. If you can't cook to save your life, catered would be best- though your meal times are set at certain times of the day. Meal times are a lot more flexible for self-catering though you'll need to buy your own cooking utensils and do your own cooking.

Hope that helps x

Latest

Trending

Trending