The Student Room Group
Thinking grammatically, it's a separate clause, so in theory it should, but I couldn't tell you whether or not the complexities of German grammar transcend the bounds of clauses.
Reply 2
Dave129
My teacher tells me is does but I've heard people on-line say it doesn't. Now I am really confused. :eek3:

E.g. ....,weil es wirklich abwechslungreich ist und man es mit alles essen kann.

oder.

E.g. ....,weil es wirklich abwechslungreich ist und man kann es mit alles essen.

Danke.

Fluent here!

Okay well first of all its:
,weil es wirklich abwechslungreich ist und man kann es mit alles essen

the WEIL is what is doing the "resetting", not the 'und'.
But then again, I have never studied German as a foreign language so I am not sure how to approach it, it just comes naturally to me....!
Hope that helped...
Reply 3
I reckon it's this though.

E.g. ....,weil es wirklich abwechslungreich ist und man es mit alles essen kann.

I think it's this because it rolls off the tongue easier and germans always change things in order to do this. But the general rule would be to use the word order.
Reply 4
Dave129
I reckon it's this though.

that's correct. You'd actually say "mit allem", though.

e.g. "Gemüse ist toll, weil es wirklich abwechslungsreich ist und man es mit (or: zu) allem essen kann."

in that example, the "und" does not start a new clause. So it is not the same as in e.g. "Thomas ist krank und Peter ist gesund", where it functions to tie two complete clauses together.

Latest

Trending

Trending