The Student Room Group

Nose pierced for a week. Fell out, cleaning. What to do? Won't go back in.

Basically I was cleaning the piecing and it caught on the cotton wool and came out. I've tried to put it back in but it just isn't going.

What should I do?
Will I be charged if I go upto the tattoo studio where I got it done again?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If it's anything like the cartilidge in the ear then it will heal extremly fast, you have to toughen up and push it through while it hasn't entirely healed. It may hurt though! I've had to do it twice so far >.<
Reply 2
my nose bar did this also... it will hurt like hell but you need to fiddle around until you find the exact spot wher it was, ( ie angle it went in) and push like hell! It will hurt, but it will fit back in. Use lots of salt water after, to help heal quicker to stop this happening again... try using cotton buds instead x
Reply 3
You're just going to have to try until you get it in else it will heal very quickly.
Reply 4
try using a small earring to find the hole. When you have found it follow the swiry bar thing through, it should work. If it hurts too much numb it with ice maybe? :smile:
Reply 5
haha! :smile:
Go back to your piercer. They might be able to taper open the hole and put your jewellery back in. Don't just try and shove it back through, that will damage it and make it painful and difficult to heal. Alternatively, let it heal, wait a few weeks and get it pierced again.
Reply 7
grr! what a shame! Does it go slightly in or not at all? How long has it been out of your nose?
I did that with pretty much all my piercings 'cause I just fiddle too much and I'm clumsy : ) Lip bar was hardest to shove back in but it did go and doesn't hurt for long after imo.

Seriously, just get it back in, won't hurt anymore than when you had it done...
Reply 9
okay, try and hurry up getting it back in, it heals quite fast!
Be careful with getting it back in. If it's anything like the piercing I had done at the top of my ear it might swell up and get infected if you try to get it back in. Mine was so swollen it nearly swallowed the jewellery.
Reply 11
that happen to me , finally got it back in i was in pain for two days till i remove it

i suggest dont put it back in, just get it done again and be more careful next time
Mine did that, but I just pushed it through again.

With mine, you have to get your finger up into your nose and feel for the stud as it comes through the front of the hole, then wiggle your finger around a bit until it pops through.
It's probably too late now, but I was sat in front of the mirror for around 2 hours trying to get it back in again - and was successful. Don't give up.
Reply 13
Wait for 5 mins, try washing it with cold water then cleaning it with hot salt water. RELAX. Try inserting just a normal stud earring in first, then take it out and attempt your nose stud
I just use these comments to help me so thanks guys.
I had a twerly stud too but I just got the little bit in then pushed. Diddn't really hurt that much felt like when u accidently pull it out too much while fiddling with it or when u catch it on somethig.

I'd say put it in a cup of salt waster then put it back in and clean it, I also cleaned the hole before I put it back in. :smile:
Reply 15
Woke up this morning And I can no longer see or feel the bar instead my nose and it’s raised slightly on my nose is this normal
Reply 16
Call them and ask. Tattoo/piercing studios are usually very good at helping out (in my experience).
i got my nose pierced a week ago and i woke up this morning and my l shaped stud was half way out, i put it back in and now it hurts. What do if do
Guys, my nose piercing fell out at night. I quickly put it back in the right angel as possible. It hurt really bad but I just got my nose pierced yesterday and I didn’t wanna tell my mom :/ will I get a infection? After I put it in I cleaned the areas right away and washed my hands. What’s going to happen?! Someone tell me
the same thing happen to me i got the stud in but i need that hole from the bottom should i use a needle and take the stud out and repierce itand then put the stud back in because i tried using a earring to push it through but it didn't work what do suggest i do?and my piercing is new my stud fell out when i was sleeping idk how long it been out though

Quick Reply

Latest