The Student Room Group
Reply 1
well im doing my chemistry edexcel (as-level) exam and we do need to know about them but i really dont know for your course
Reply 2
I'm the same course. Know about them, I know. But do we need to be able to draw simple or complicated ones?
I'd have a look at all the exam papers if you can find them online and look through the past 3 or 4 years. If they haven't come up then its likely you won't have to.
I'm on AQA and doing A2 Chemistry and I am given the structure and have to put the equations and values in the correct places and then work out the last value. This is usually worth about 10 marks.
I only need to know the ones like NaCl and MgCl2 and Na and water.
Reply 4
It's a new syallbus. Edexcel. It was in the specimen paper, but not even briefly mentioned in either actual test.

And the syllabus is slightly vague on it. "Not drawing full cycles" So what would a half cycle be?
By "Not drawing full cycles" I'd imagine that means you don't have to start from scratch but complete a partially filled in cycle.
But I can't be 100% sure.
Could you not email the exam board? And quote your paper number.
And have you asked your teacher if they're on? Saying that mine was clueless :p:
Reply 6
I got born-haber on ocr A2, ours look like this:

it's just basically endothermics go up, exo's go down.

But we also usually do it in proportion to the amount of energy.

(edited in a more accurate image for us)

Oh yer, and we name what the steps are actually called.

Latest

Trending

Trending