The Student Room Group
I'm a bit like this aswell. The only thing I find that helps me is if I revise with someone else, so that we can talk to eachother about the subject. I tend to remember more things this way :smile:
Reply 2
I just sit down with a notepad and write then rewrite notes, talk loud, sit there saying the same thing over and over again but making sure am concentrating. Stick it on the wall, make pictures, any and everything just to get it stuck. This is word but sometime I write notes in slang ot text speak or something just weird and it sticks this way.
Reply 3
I bet under exam conditions with all the pressure you'd remember alot more than you think.
Reply 4
It's the opposite with me, I've got a great memory!

I mean I actually go out of the way to remember extra information. :tongue:

But I think I'll be reaching my saturation point soon...I've got the AS material of 6 subjects stored in my brain at the moment! lol

Basically I've found that it helps if you read your notes aloud. What I do is that I read a portion of the text a couple of times to understand and memorize it. Then I cover the text and say it out loud from memory. Maybe this could work for you as well? *shrugs*
Reply 5
SAME! but normaly when the time comes you should be fine :biggrin: just try different ways of revising? one that suits you!
I have this problem too, but to try and remeber I first read thing, then read out loud, then tell someone about it and try to make them learn it (lol), then I try to find interactive tests on the net and things like that. I try to use all the differnt learning styles like, visual, auditory and so on.
If its the case, then you might not be learning the 'correct' way to your learning style. Learn something, then go away for a few mins. Come back and relearn it, then go away for little longer, then test youself and see how much you remember.

Or, just do past papers and learn the markschemes :smile:

I did have this problem, nw I just use the mark scheme method. I hope it works this time :s-smilie:

Good luck
Reply 8
You need to look at it over different periods of time. Do you go over it a few times in a short space of time? Because I think its good to look at it, then look at it again in 2/3 days, then a week after that, and gradually leave longer periods between. Should help I think :smile:
Reply 9
Me-thinks a different revision technique is in order.

Latest