The Student Room Group

AS Level Design Tech - Advanced Innovation Challenge - Job Bag?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anybody got this on Friday?
Original post by WillKail
Anybody got this on Friday?

Yeah I do I have no clue what to put in the job bag!
Reply 22
Original post by ConnorB
Yeah I do I have no clue what to put in the job bag!

Couple of sheets here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=31257698#post31257698 but yeah, was hoping more people would be sharing stuff :tongue:
Reply 23
Anyone know of any good tips on how to get an A in the innovation challenge? :smile:
Reply 24

Got this tomorrow. In terms of a job bag just bring in some ideas, a good site is toxel.com it has loads of strange ideas some of which will help give you a few ideas.
As for getting an A, well i got a C in January so I'd love to know. My teacher said to keep referring back to the specification so I've printed out quite a bit about how to write a good Specification and design brief and i will slyly put it in my job bag and whip it out when im writing my specification.
I'll be well happy with a B but i suspect I'll get a C.
Reply 25
Hi,
So the 6 hour innovation challenge is tomorrow and i just dont know what to do, its not the type of exam you can exactly revise for.
plus the topic is broad as its 'annual events' meaning it could cover anything. i have no idea what images to collect for my job bag (ive got whats come up in the past) has anyone got any hunches or just some advice?
i havent gone through the challenge yet and theres only me taking to exam so im a little muddled!
any help would be ace :smile:
Reply 26
Hi all.
Something which I am taking in to the exam is a complete practice Innovation Challenge Marked. We did this in class but you could do one and then get your teacher to mark it. If you take your time on it and get high marks, this will be very helpful when it comes to the exam, you can just use it as a template and basically copy it but with reference this this years Design Brief. Also take in a few pages on stuff like:
Anthropometrics
Materials
Manufacturing
Adhesives and Joints
Pictures of Inspiration
A mark scheme would also be quite useful to flick through as you are on each question to see the detail they are looking for.
:smile::tongue::wink::biggrin:
Yeh I've got the challenge on Wednesday. My teacher told me I don't need a job bag bcos designers get influence from the objects around them. Anyway good luck, I think some Asbestos would be good to model with so I took some down from my roof.
Reply 28
Original post by coffeeclub
Yeh I've got the challenge on Wednesday. My teacher told me I don't need a job bag bcos designers get influence from the objects around them. Anyway good luck, I think some Asbestos would be good to model with so I took some down from my roof.

You have got yours this Wednesday, DAMN, that is soon! I have mine next Wednesday followed by the reflection paper 2 weeks after.What grade did you get in your product study?Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending