The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
lightwriter
Does any one know abt the chances of getting assistance through research or teaching at UoE?

I'm not entirely understanding what you are asking. My understanding of research/teaching assistant jobs for students is that they are a very American concept.

If you are looking for the chance of you finding a research assistant position, then as a student/potential student I think your chances are low. I've not heard of any positions and a quick search only pulls up this full-time vacancy for someone already holding a PhD.

Edinburgh, as with most (if not all) UK universities do not have "Teaching Assistants", however, PhD students are often employed as tutors to take the tutorials/seminars for some undergraduate courses. Again this doesn't open any opportunities to someone on a taught masters course.

If I have got the right idea about what you are asking, I don't feel that you fully understand what a taught masters is. You would not be likely to have time to devote to to any job that required the amount of work that these sort of positions entail.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Now things are clear to me :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending