The Student Room Group

Tips on using hair removal cream down there

Please keep anon as it's kind of weird/embarrassing

Okay so I use hair removal cream down there (i'm a girl) and I tend to use it all over and give myself a ~brazillian per se. I know what youre thinking, but I've had no issues using it on such sensitive parts, theres no stinging or anything whatsoever. but the problem is, i can never get it smooth at all, at most, the hair is just 'trimmed' to just a few mm and the NEXT DAY its significantly more :eek: its just so annoying as i feel like i have to do it every few days as i don't like going au natural but its taking the piss as it consumes so much time and is so stressful.

any tips on getting completely smooth using cream for at least a few days?
Reply 1
I think you'd probably have to have a wax for it to be completely smooth.
Reply 2
I bet that's reallly expensive.
Start waxing.
Reply 3
whenever i've tried hair removal on my leggies its always been a bit pants really. I'd just bite the bullet and get waxed if you really wana be hairless. It'd probs work out cheaper than getting tonnes of hair remover too.
Reply 4
Using hair removal cream is just like shaving just takes away the hair on the surface.

Get it waxed will be smoother and hair free for longer.
Reply 5
i get put off by the thought of the pain if i got waxed! ive had my legs waxed before and that hurt, let alone anywhere else! x
Reply 6
don't put a wig down there
Reply 7
What type of hair removal cream do you use? I use Veet and its fine. Leaving it on for an extra minute or two will probably help. Or just shave over the hair thats left - you can get special razors for the bikini line.
I have this problem myself, I keep saying I'm gunna get waxed but I keep wussing out. One day!
Reply 9
Doesnt it really really hurt to get it waxed if you tend to use hair remover or shaving?! :eek:
It depends how dark your hair is, but I've never had a good result from hair removal cream. You could try epilating (basically plucks the hairs out) but I'd imagine that gives you ingrown hairs etc around your bikini line. Unfortunately I think waxing is the only way to be completely smooth. It doesn't hurt too much :smile:
Reply 11
punkyrocker
It depends how dark your hair is, but I've never had a good result from hair removal cream. You could try epilating (basically plucks the hairs out) but I'd imagine that gives you ingrown hairs etc around your bikini line. Unfortunately I think waxing is the only way to be completely smooth. It doesn't hurt too much :smile:

too good for you!
i only wax the bikini and it hurts like hell
i tried the hair removal on my underarms but it burns my skin,imagine if i do it down there
but i guess after u have shaved it 5-6 times u are ready for a wax as teh hair are shorter
Reply 12
punkyrocker

too good for you!
i tried the hair removal on my underarms and it burned my skin lol,imagine if i do it down there
but i guess after u have shaved it 5-6 times u are ready for a wax as teh hair are shorter
Reply 13
emmmmm
too good for you!
i tried the hair removal on my underarms and it burned my skin lol,imagine if i do it down there

God that reminds me, I used hair removal cream on my underarms once and it was agony, the skin was all red and painful for days. I think its just because I usually shave my underarms though. Hair removal cream doesn't hurt at all on your bikini line though, honestly.
Reply 14
x Kris
God that reminds me, I used hair removal cream on my underarms once and it was agony, the skin was all red and painful for days. I think its just because I usually shave my underarms though. Hair removal cream doesn't hurt at all on your bikini line though, honestly.

yeah it was like that for 3 horrible days on me,i felt my skin burning!!i think its because my skin has been sensitive lately bcs of other reasons,i dont think it happened to u because of shaving them before
i am scared to try it because i think it will go like the underarm,i'd rather shave it down tehre and then wax it
do u think it will make it less painfull than wax it without shaving it?please help
emmmmm
i am scared to try it because i think it will go like the underarm,i'd rather shave it down tehre and then wax it
do u think it will make it less painfull than wax it without shaving it?please help

why would you want to shave before waxing? the hair can't be too short when waxing or it doesn't work. you have to let it grow, that's what one of the drawbacks to waxing is. if you shave it first it'll make no difference, it'll grow back the same, surely.
hair removal cream on your bikini line doesn't hurt at all. Honestly. i just found it didn't give a very smooth result, therefore recommended waxing.
Reply 16
Epilator!
fran.ha
Epilator!

Ouch.

*winces just thinking about it*
Reply 18
emmmmm
yeah it was like that for 3 horrible days on me,i felt my skin burning!!i think its because my skin has been sensitive lately bcs of other reasons,i dont think it happened to u because of shaving them before

because hair wont be that long and the shorter the less painfull it will be:/
i will let it grow to one point but not as long as its natural lenght if u get wat i mean
what's epilator??

Latest

Trending

Trending