The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

nearlyheadlessian
Dunno which train you took to get to St. Andrews in 90 minutes from Glasgow, but it must have been fast.

Well they're generally like 2 hours but about twice a day you can do it in 90 minutes :smile: not much stopping :smile:
Why do you want to live in Glasgow?
Reply 22
lucyhol1012
Its not a general public bus its one of those stagecoach coaches, but yeah you're right its about 2 hours and a bit :smile:
It's the train that takes just over an hour, an hour and a half usually! My mistake :smile:

More like 3 hours for the bus (Stagecoach). I provided timetables in my last post.
lucyhol1012
Well they're generally like 2 hours but about twice a day you can do it in 90 minutes :smile: not much stopping :smile:

Well like I said, I'm not sure how. The fastest you can get from Haymarket to Leuchars is about 50 minutes and there aren't many services that manage that. That means you're reliant on finding some rocket fast Edinburgh Glasgow service and making a minute connection. Rather unlikely to work effectively day after day. Otherwise you could go through Dundee but that likewise takes ages. Sorry for the pedantry, it just seems a little far fetched to suggest you can get from Glasgow to St. Andrews (or Leuchars) in just 90 minutes by rail ...
Why on earth would you want to stay on one coast and go to uni on the other coast?

I know St Andrews ranks amongst the most boring places in Scotland (i'm fully aware of the irony considering where i live), but if you want to go to uni there, at least do the sensible thing and live at least near there.
Reply 25
Is it maybe a case that the OP is living at home with their parents and that, even with travel expenses, it would be cheaper to stay in Glasgow than moving to St.Andrews?

Latest