The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
ahyork
We're doing Enduring Love, The Great Gatsby, Browning and The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. V v nervous about the exam, but just found this forum and think that it may help. Thanx guys.

doing exactly teh same as you!!
why are the poems so darn long?!
Reply 62
Anyone doing Small Island?
I ******* HATE it.
Reply 63
anyone thats doing gatsby could you say that a foresahdowing tone augments its genre of a fictional american detective of finding who gatsby is in the first few chapters.
Reply 64
We're doing The Ancient Mariner, Curious Incident, Hardy Poetry and Pride and Prejudice. Not looking forward to it one bit.

Does anyone know what the question was for The Ancient Mariner in January? I really hope Endings does not come up in Section B but I hope Voices or Characters do.
Reply 65
Vexed
We're doing The Ancient Mariner, Curious Incident, Hardy Poetry and Pride and Prejudice. Not looking forward to it one bit.

Does anyone know what the question was for The Ancient Mariner in January? I really hope Endings does not come up in Section B but I hope Voices or Characters do.

U doing it for section A? i have the whole paper from january.
Question for Section A, Ancient Mariner was:
(a) Write about the ways that Coleridge tells the story in Part III of the poem.

(b) How do you respond to the idea that the most terrifying aspect of the mariner's experience is the game of dice played by Death and Life-in-Death?
Reply 66
if youve got the whole paper what came up for gatsby please in section a???
Reply 67
Rosyred809
if youve got the whole paper what came up for gatsby please in section a???

Gatsby, Section A:
(a) Write about some of the ways Fitzgerald tells the story in Chapter 3.

(b) "Gatsby's world is corrupt but ultimately glamorous."

How do you respond to this view of the novel?

Hope that helps.
Reply 68
thankx :smile:
Reply 69
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-LITB1-W-SQP-07.PDF

just found this on AQA website, it's not the january one but, just some examples of questions. Still, feel free to ask for questions from Jan 2009 and I'll do my best to reply quickly.
Countdown begins!
Reply 71
ahyork
U doing it for section A? i have the whole paper from january.
Question for Section A, Ancient Mariner was:
(a) Write about the ways that Coleridge tells the story in Part III of the poem.

(b) How do you respond to the idea that the most terrifying aspect of the mariner's experience is the game of dice played by Death and Life-in-Death?

Thank you very much for that. I am planning on doing it for Section A but after seeing part (b)...wow. That just seems so difficult to write about. :sadnod:
Reply 72
Hey, was wondering if anyone doing hardy poetry could tell me what they would do for a character question for section B?
Reply 73
heya im revising and i was wondering if anyone knew what the questions where for section B in the AQA january 2009 paper? (QU. 19 and 20) and if anyone had any ideas about whats likely to come up my teacher seems to think endings is likely thanks
Reply 74
I find 'Enduring Love' a really long book to read so i was wondering if anyone elses is studying the book, what the key chapters are?
Reply 75
el_107
heya im revising and i was wondering if anyone knew what the questions where for section B in the AQA january 2009 paper? (QU. 19 and 20) and if anyone had any ideas about whats likely to come up my teacher seems to think endings is likely thanks

Question 19 asked students to write about the significance of titles.
Question 20 asked students to focus on the significance of key events.

No idea what is likely to come up on Wed. On our mock it was endings, but I found it so difficult to write about.

I'm hoping for Voices/Characters
annab1684
this is what we're hoping..
it was 50/84 for an A in January - let's hope it stays that way!

Do you have any idea what full UMS would have been then?:s-smilie:
Silvertongue
Do you have any idea what full UMS would have been then?:s-smilie:

nope I just got this off the AQA website under results statistics..
but only 1837 people took the exam :/
Reply 78
ADaniels92
Hey, was wondering if anyone doing hardy poetry could tell me what they would do for a character question for section B?

Hardy is a hard one for this but I would probably go for 'Under the Waterfall' where he creates these characters having a conversation, but we assume that these characters are Emma and Hardy or perhaps Emma talking to a servant/friend about her relationship. I think I would also choose 'At An Inn'. Although the characters are real people, for the purpose of the poems they are characters, if that makes sense :P
Reply 79
Hi all! I know this iwll sound very bad but I am literally going into that exam with hardly any knowledge. I don't even know what poems we did in class, and know vaguley what the novels are about. Is it still possible to get a C if i just go in there and write whatever comes into my head. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending