The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i did ocr german listening. not as bad as some of the mocks i did. last page was stupidly easy in comparison to the rest of the paper.
Reply 21
emmakh123
i did ocr german listening. not as bad as some of the mocks i did. last page was stupidly easy in comparison to the rest of the paper.

I thought that aswell. I took a few guesses on the Resturant question before that.
Reply 22
yeah that one was bad. and the filling gap one (2nd to last question) about the telephone call and concert tickets was hell!
Reply 23
What board is it you guys did? I am doing mine next week and mine is AQA lol
It was so hard. All the past papers i'd done were nothing compared to this paper- even the ones from 2001.
the last page was painfully easy, it completely contradicted the one about that girl who made excuses about her homework. Ergh
Reply 25
emmakh123
yeah that one was bad. and the filling gap one (2nd to last question) about the telephone call and concert tickets was hell!

Yeah that was hard! Are we allowed to discuss answers for OCR now? Or must we wait until tomorrow, like with Edexcel?
OCR, yes? I did this paper, too (: Thought it was really quite easy, went well (Y)
Reply 27
GCSE or A-Level?
AzureMews
GCSE or A-Level?

GCSE.

Everyone else in my class thought it was really difficult.. I've either done really well, or I've kidded myself into thinking it was easy :lol:
Reply 29
igohardondis
Hardest listenening paper i ever did completely blew my A* chances unless i get100% writing and reading

Don't worry
When i did my German last year, i almost cried during the exam because it went so horribly wrong, i left so many blanks, had to guess loads, missed sentences etc...
And my speaking didnt go brilliantly either as one of my weakest topics that i hadn't prepared came up (tbh my fault for not practising it) AND in the end i came out with an A* so honestly, don't worry about it, i'm sure you will do fine, and get the grade you want :smile:
Danz121
are you all talking about foundation? i swear there was nothing about films in the ocr higher

The rest of this thread is about the 2009 paper.. I remember doing stuff about shoes breaking in our mock.
vannessa
Hey,

What questions did you get for german listening and what did you put as answers...did anyone find it really hard??(like i do)...
Im worried....
that I wont get the mark I want...and the last pages you know when you have to translate it into english what did you put?

I think it was..

29th July. (or June, can't remember which)
Tickets cost less than £400 pp.
A friend is staying elsewhere.
Louisa trains four times a week.
She'll have to ask her friends.

The only difficulty I had was on the one about concert tickets, but I'm still pretty confident about that. I'm glad the listening went well, I'm not so strong in the reading..
Reply 32
TattyBoJangles
GCSE.

Everyone else in my class thought it was really difficult.. I've either done really well, or I've kidded myself into thinking it was easy :lol:

Ahh right, I'm A-Level :frown:

But yeah the GCSE one is easy haha. What were you predicted?
AzureMews
Ahh right, I'm A-Level :frown:

But yeah the GCSE one is easy haha. What were you predicted?

Ah, I wanted to take it to A-Level, but I was the only one who wanted to do it, so they're not running it :frown:

And A*. I hope I can get it, I got an A* in my coursework and in my oral exam. Now I've got to try and not cock up the reading paper :p:
Reply 34
TattyBoJangles
Ah, I wanted to take it to A-Level, but I was the only one who wanted to do it, so they're not running it :frown:

And A*. I hope I can get it, I got an A* in my coursework and in my oral exam. Now I've got to try and not cock up the reading paper :p:

Awwh, sucks.
Yeah I got A* too.

And you'll be fineee :smile:
Just use common sense if you don't know the words!
AzureMews
Awwh, sucks.
Yeah I got A* too.

And you'll be fineee :smile:
Just use common sense if you don't know the words!

Thanks, I hope I will be :p:

In the practice papers I've been doing, I've been getting mid-As in my reading.
Assuming my listening went as well as my mocks did (lowest I've ever got was 46/50, the paper today was about a similar difficulty), how low do you think I could go and still get an A*, after having got an A* in coursework and speaking?
It's just, some people have been saying, "Ohhh.. you need an A* in all four exams to get an A* overall.."
To me, that looks like ********, but I don't know..
Reply 36
HORRIBLE. I guessed every single questions a part from the english questions and the beginning. MAJOR FAIL.
Reply 37
TattyBoJangles
Thanks, I hope I will be :p:

In the practice papers I've been doing, I've been getting mid-As in my reading.
Assuming my listening went as well as my mocks did (lowest I've ever got was 46/50, the paper today was about a similar difficulty), how low do you think I could go and still get an A*, after having got an A* in coursework and speaking?
It's just, some people have been saying, "Ohhh.. you need an A* in all four exams to get an A* overall.."
To be, that looks like ********, but I don't know..

Yeah, that's complete cobblers.
If say, you got an A in one exam but A* in the rest, you'd still get an A* (obviously because 3/4 is a high percentage and it's all done on an overall perentage).

If you got a B in two exams you'd probably drop to at least an A, but again, it would depend on how high or low they were.

Mochtest du Deutsch mit mir sprechen, um deine Deutsch zu verbessen? :smile:
EllieRoo
HORRIBLE. I guessed every single questions a part from the english questions and the beginning. MAJOR FAIL.

That's how my Spanish listening went.. :/
I'm sure you didn't do that badly though! And even if you did, you can still redeem yourself in the reading :biggrin:

I laughed when that girl was talking about people with problems (smokes too much, drinks too much etc.), and she went, "He has no friends. He's always alone." :lol:
AzureMews
Yeah, that's complete cobblers.
If say, you got an A in one exam but A* in the rest, you'd still get an A* (obviously because 3/4 is a high percentage and it's all done on an overall perentage).

If you got a B in two exams you'd probably drop to at least an A, but again, it would depend on how high or low they were.

Mochtest du Deutsch mit mir sprechen, um deine Deutsch zu verbessen? :smile:

Ja...aber mein Deutsch ist sehr nicht gut, obwohl ich mesitens gut note bekommt :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending