Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When do males stop getting "random erections"?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014

Please keep anon or delete.

My bf is 23 and started masturbating at around 14, but he still says he gets random erections, like when he's doing work or sometimes when he's walking around. He says that he's not thinking of sex, but they "just happen". It's not a problem for me, in fact it has made us into quite a sexual couple!

I think it may be because he only masturbates once or twice a fortnight, but I'm not sure. My question is at what age do males stop getting these "random erections"? Are there ways to stop them happening?
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    At about 80.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    no, and they never stop
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They tend to stop after having a ****. For about an hour.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They never stop! But there's a skill to it, if in a particular situation you must learn to control it! Think of old, wrinkly ladies...works a treat!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil2008)
    They tend to stop after having a ****. For about an hour.
    How odd, in your post it says there are 3 *'s, but when I quote you there are 4. I was trying to figure out what the word was!

To the OP, just enjoy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've stopped getting random ones. But whenever I think about sex I get one, which is pretty often in everyday things.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you want about 5 times in one day it makes your balls ache the next day and you can go all morning without one.

I'm really glad you guys are all saying it's normal. He always gets really agitated by having a random erection when he's doing something completely unsexual and seems to think he's one of the only ones in this situation! I think he'll be very assured to know he's not.

Thanks for the replies!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're not random; they always appear in the most awkward of situations.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    after we pee, mostly we get them when we need to pee-seriesly. Thats why i think we get them in the morning. So need to worry though girls, we still get them cos we re mentally aroused.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    to add to that, we dont get rid of them by peeing because that would be messy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I experienced a sudden down-turn, so to speak, in my sex drive and frequency of unprovoked erections at the age of 18/19, and it's never been the same since.
    I started puberty very early indeed, though, so other people might last into their early 20's before things drop off.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The problem isnt having the erections at random times,, the problems arise when you cant get one at ALL!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt mind when my bf gets one i especially love morning ones

Ive asked him but he says he never gets them and he doesnt masturbate but we do see each other for like 5 days of the week.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2009
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.