The Student Room Group
CinderellaDontGo
..Ok so im doing P&R at AS level and I actually enjoy it. BUT i need help with my revision for the exam. Im doing my own research in ''Religious Experience'' and i need to know a couple of things...

-What books would be useful to me?
-What can i use as examples of certian ''experiences''
-Is the exam difficult? What are the questions like?

Firstly, what board are you on?
What kind of experiences would you like examples of? Mystical, visions and Miracles?
What religion have you studied as part of the AS?

PM me if you like and answer these questions and I can help you :smile: its very straight forward really.
Reply 2
First of all, your avatar is awesome!

Second of all, this book is great for all things theology based at A level
Reply 3
i would really suggest aqa a studies guide to a2 religious studies or as- rhinegold- get your course book- edexceel and ocr do them too- its made for your questions! I got 120/120 for one and pretty much just used that

trust me
Reply 4
ihttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Students-Guide-Religious-Studies-Specification/dp/1904226086/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241741027&sr=1-3

do other exam board
Reply 5
CinderellaDontGo
..Ok so im doing P&R at AS level and I actually enjoy it. BUT i need help with my revision for the exam. Im doing my own research in ''Religious Experience'' and i need to know a couple of things...

-What books would be useful to me?
-What can i use as examples of certian ''experiences''
-Is the exam difficult? What are the questions like?

The exam isn't too bad.
Examples of religious experience, jesus where should I start lol.
St Theresa of Avila - states of prayer (contemplation prayer etc)
Margery Kempe - Famous for her writings/use of imagery which she sourced from a series of visions.
St Paul on the Rd To Damascus - Believed to have influenced his writing of letters and the creation of the foundations for the early Christian church.
The Buddha under the Bodhi Tree.
Moses and the Burning Bush

You need to know how different people define religious experiences, the basic experiences consist of conversions, visions, mysticism, miracles,cooperate exp (Toronto Blessing) revelation,near death experience when of a religious context, life after death, blah blah blah.

Richard Swinburne created 5 diffo types of a religious exp, two of these being public and private.

William James defined four characteristics of a miracle :
Ineffiablity - cant describe it
Passivity - Loss of control
Transcendency - The feeling of being above and beyond time
Noetic Quality - The gaining of knowledge unattainable through books/media etc.

Conversion talk about Rambo and Fahardian/W.T Stace

Latest

Trending

Trending