The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

How good is Royal Holloway?

For anything and everything...

Scroll to see replies

Better than London Met, but not as good as Oxford...
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Pretty solid reputation.
Reply 3
On the whole it's good. Most departments are very respectful, except the politics and music departments which are very well respected, and management which is not.
Reply 4
GOOD
because I want to go there :P
kat2pult
On the whole it's good. Most departments are very respectful, except the politics and music departments which are very well respected, and management which is not.

Management is not??? I thought Management was suppose to have a good rep. there. Lots of people I know seem to apply to do Management at RHUL. This seems to be the case with Economics too. They all seem to say they want to go to RHUL because they have a good Econ. and Business department???
Reply 6
im planning to go there this sept :smile:
ive checked it out well and thought it was great so accepted as firm

I was just worried that it could be a bit quiet, but have been told there is alot around if you want it...

Everything looked really nice, especially the new Halls :biggrin:
Reply 7
SiaSiaSia
GOOD
because I want to go there :
P

in that case your tallents would probably do more good at london met or TVU.

anyway, it looks like hogwarts, so you cant go too far wrong.
its ok.

nothing special.
Reply 9
What are the eating and drinking costs inside and around the university?

where are the best places to go out eating/drinking/clubbing etc?
gamer91
in that case your tallents would probably do more good at london met or TVU.

What are my "tallents" then?
Reply 11
I loved it when I went, more so than any other uni, the campus is so amazing, if it was in central London, it would've been heaven but hey you can't get everything, sad I can't go to it this year though
Reply 12
It looks very pretty!

I do a little jizz jizz in my trousers when I see it.
Pink Liquid
Management is not??? I thought Management was suppose to have a good rep. there. Lots of people I know seem to apply to do Management at RHUL. This seems to be the case with Economics too. They all seem to say they want to go to RHUL because they have a good Econ. and Business department???

Management does have a lot of places (approximately half the year do it), but that doesn't mean it is any good! Lots of people seem to take management here if they want to 'get the uni experience' without taking a degree that is too challenging. Economics doesn't have a bad reputation, but this isn't the best place in the country for it, perfectly fine though!

Geography, English, Music, History, Politics and Psychology are the strongest departments. I would recommend them academically, but wouldn't recommend any others.
It is a good university with a strong reputation. And the Founder's building is just bloody amazing, I think thats why I chose it to be honest, lol.
Reply 15
SiaSiaSia
GOOD
because I want to go there :P

You definitely should, I don't want to be the only sub there :nothing:
It is generally very good. The teaching standards and research are quite a high standard. I think it will only improve over the next few years what with the imminent merger with St. George's. I guess it depends on what subject you do too. For example, The Guardian have just ranked it as the 4th best place for psychology. The Times rate it as 6th for French and it also does very well in Classics.
Reply 17
I'll sum up alllllllll the previous threads on this stuff:

It's good.
is french hard at royal holloway??
i'm really afraid it is! :[
Reply 19
SonnyFaolan
is french hard at royal holloway??
i'm really afraid it is! :[

I know a lot of their cheese is soft.

Quick Reply

Latest