The Student Room Group

Ideas for Politics-Related Gap year??

I am taking a gap year and reapplying for politics/french or european studies type courses next year.. and i think the french bit is fine because i have a work placement (or possible one) in Paris that i could do for a couple of months.
Ive also got flights to China for an exchange in July/August, and was in Russia in January so i can write about that a bit..
However, I was wondering if anyone doing politics has any ideas about how i could show i made the most of a gap year and relate it to my education?? possibly work for MP - someone in my politics class did that a bit..

suggestions?
Reply 1
MP, MEP, think tanks (think Adam Smith Institute, Fabian Society), other groups like the British Institute of Human Rights, Liberty, and so on.
Reply 2
Absurd
MP, MEP, think tanks (think Adam Smith Institute, Fabian Society), other groups like the British Institute of Human Rights, Liberty, and so on.

are they keen on post a-level volunteers or rather would they favour graduates?

also im based in leeds, so would probably need to make money first in order to get myself to london
Reply 3
J-OD

also im based in leeds, so would probably need to make money first in order to get myself to london

It'll vary, just look on their websites.
Reply 4
J-OD

maybe contacting MP's in the Leeds area to see if you could do a bit of work in a constituency office. (Of course there is no guarantee they will say yes.) I'm doing work experience with an MP at his constituency office near me, so I don't need to go to Westminster.
Reply 5
You could also apply for a internship offered by one of the European parties at the European parliament!
Ive also searched some informations about it as I thought I would take a year out.

Latest

Trending

Trending