The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

AmyF.Law

The real Human Rights violation is that the international community didn't do more for Rwanda during/after the 1994 genocide.

Now on that point I have to agree with you!
Reply 261
blinkbelle
Now on that point I have to agree with you!

Maybe this BLACK woman will be saved...:rolleyes:...probably not
Reply 262
Callum828
How will criminalising them save them from anything? How's a guy supposed to get a job with a criminal record for a victimless crime?

First of all, drug smuggling isn't a victimless crime. Every addict whose life is ruined by purchasing drugs is a victim in a sense.

Secondly, most people who are being ruined by serious drug addiction usually can't see a way out in the environment they're in, as the people and atmosphere surrounding them was ripe for the addiction to grow in the first place. Similar to in trainspotting where Ewan McGreggor locks himself in a room, sometimes the only answer is to be forced off the drugs and given a period of time with nothing but your own mind, from which you could become stronger mentally to combat the addiction once you're released into the real world.
hykim1
First of all, drug smuggling isn't a victimless crime. Every addict whose life is ruined by purchasing drugs is a victim in a sense.

Secondly, most people who are being ruined by serious drug addiction usually can't see a way out in the environment they're in, as the people and atmosphere surrounding them was ripe for the addiction to grow in the first place. Similar to in trainspotting where Ewan McGreggor locks himself in a room, sometimes the only answer is to be forced off the drugs and given a period of time with nothing but your own mind, from which you could become stronger mentally to combat the addiction once you're released into the real world.

If somebody chooses to take drugs, they are bringing that upon themselves. By your logic people who work for cigarette companies should be charged with genocide. A victim has to be unwilling. If I choose to take drugs, I am not a victim, it was entirely my own choice.
Reply 264
I think she is guilty of trafficking and should face the consequences.

I have never been to that part of the world, but even I know about the harsh punishment for trafficking heroin.

She may have been mistreated, I don't know, but it doesn't mean she shouldn't be executed.

Latest

Trending

Trending