It is wrong, full stop.
Reply 41
Neo
One in the belly, one in the head. Bang, bang. Problem solved

You are one disturbed child.
Reply 42
FallenPetal
Mmmmm. no.
Drug smuggler or not she's carring a British child inside her - and it would be hypocritical to terminate a feotus in a country which outlaws abortion.
And anyways, how is smuggling drugs anyworse than the rape that goes on inside prisons?

And to all your morons which are saying "OH NOEZZZ! DA CHILD IZ GUNNA SMUGGLE DRUGGZZZ TEWWW!" have you never heard the phrase "innocent untill proven guilty"? You can't see the future, stop acting like you can. Killing that child under those grounds is like going out and shooting a 14 year old wearing a hoody "because they might turn out to be gang-leeda, rapist, mudera phugz". Ridiculous.

:ditto:
The most sensible thing I have heard in this thread by a long shot.
You reap what you sow - She purposefully went against the laws of the country, and now has to suffer the consequences, there is nothing unfair and unjust about that regardless of how inhumane we deem an execution to be.
Reply 44
its funny how in the abortion debates its never called a child, its a fetus. but now, nows its a child even one described it as "british" brilliant

she shouldnt have broken the law, its her own fault
Reply 45
.pushing.charlotte.
Every keeps blathering on about how she's a british women. But she was born in Nigeria...

I'm not saying that should make any difference, but surely it should be the Nigerian government wasting time and resources rather than the British one?

She's a British citizen though.

I certainly think something fishy is going on, the Laotian government breaking rules by not informing British authorities of her arrest, moving her trial forward by a year(possibly denying her the chance to see a lawyer before the trial), the pregnancy.
If she was forced into it, no.

If she was not pushed to do it, she should be executed like all the other hard drug merchants in the world.
Comp_Genius
It is wrong, full stop.

Execution is not wrong in itself, and we should bring back the death penalty to deal with the worst criminals.
I can't believe the British Government lets their people be executed, especially after facing fake trials. Just send in the SAS and break her out.
lordbonney
I think they said they were going to wait until the child was born before carrying out any punishment.

Arguably, that's worse than just killing both of them.

Humans just aren't happy until they're killing other humans, are they? :rolleyes:
Liquidus Zeromus
Execution is not wrong in itself, and we should bring back the death penalty to deal with the worst criminals.

I don't believe we should.
Reply 51
paddyman4
I can't believe the British Government lets their people be executed, especially after facing fake trials. Just send in the SAS and break her out.

SAS are for counter terrorism, not for breaking people out of prison in foreign countries
Nativeenglish
I don't believe we should.

Because they can be rehabilitated and there's all a little good in them, right? :rolleyes:
Some people just deserve to die.
Reply 53
paddyman4

wrong on so many levels. lol
Liquidus Zeromus
Because they can be rehabilitated and there's all a little good in them, right? :rolleyes:
Some people just deserve to die.

Not quite. Nobody deserves to die. I'd hate to live in a country where the government "owns" your life, in theory, who can judge and decide whether you live, or you die. No government should have that much power. It's also a basic breach of human rights.

I don't believe everybody can be rehabilitated, but I also believe if capital punishment were re-inacted it'd lead to the devaluation of the mentally ill within our society. i.e. many of the atrocities commited in our society are carried out by deranged characters who wouldn't do so if they were mentally "alright", so to speak.
kiss_me_now9
Arguably, that's worse than just killing both of them.

Humans just aren't happy until they're killing other humans, are they? :rolleyes:

Don't look at the death penalty so negatively. If it hampers drug trading and punishes the wicked, then I'm all for it. It's not about wanting to kill humans, it's about punishing those who do very bad things. We shouldn't view criminals facing the death penalties as victims, jeeeez.
Reply 56
I don't agree with capital punishment full stop. Especially not for something like drug smuggling.

And the herion addicts.. I'm sorry but I have a hard time calling them 'victims' they chose to start taking herion as much as she chose to smuggle it into the country. Everyone is aware that herion is highly addictive if you don't want to get addicted you don't touch it.
They are victims, though... Dear me.
Reply 58
i don't agree with the death penalty at all... and i definatly don't agree with executing an innocent child just because it's mother commited a crime.
I am totally against the death penalty anyway, especially for something like drug smuggling :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending