The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Moving into 2nd year

Hey guys,

Im in first year of a social work course in Trinity college in Ireland now and i was considering moving into the 2nd year course in Edinburgh in sept.

I was basically just wondering does any1 know of anyone that has done this?

Im really worried that everyone will have formed their relationships in my class etc and i will be a complete outsider. I know a few people over there but i will basically be doing this on my own..

Anyone with any advice, good or bad, i would reaaalllyy appreciate it!

Absolutely love Edinburgh and not a big fan of dublin where i am now, thats why im considering moving!
You're too late to apply to start in September as far as I know, you have to apply via UCAS before the Jan deadline. Or do you already have an offer to go to Edinburgh in september? If so, what I just said doesn't apply.

With regards to people forming relationships etc, although I can imagine the social work students are quite a close group as they see each other a lot I don't think anyone would be like "get lost, you're not in our group!!" sort of thing as everyone is an adult. If you join societies etc no one will care which year you're in, and as its your first year in Edinburgh you might be eligible for university accommodation, I don't know.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Latest