The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Um, I am not taking Biology and not too good with Chemistry either.

Mechanics. Are you referring to the Newtonian Mechanics in Physics or the M1/M2 component of A Level Maths?
Reply 2
aura1947
Um, I am not taking Biology and not too good with Chemistry either.

Mechanics. Are you referring to the Newtonian Mechanics in Physics or the M1/M2 component of A Level Maths?

a level maths
I hope what I WILL do will help enough.

I can't speak for the chemistry, caUSE i'M TAKING edexcel.

For Bio though, Idon't think it can be made enjoyable. What helps massively, or so I've been told, is going through tons of past papers. 2003 to 2009 is what I'm personaLLY DOING.

Use the markschemes to write down the answers to questions that are likely to repeat i.e. defintions, descriptions..

Like describe translation, transcription, and active transport. 15 marks. They're sometime after 2005.

The specimen papers on edexcel.com also have PLENTY of useful questions that weren't in Jan. 2009 and thus could possibly be asked.

And of course, the rest would be using your notebook and texttbook.

Besides, A in 2009 Jan edexcel Biology was 52 out of 80, an incredibly easy mark to get.

It might be even lower now that more people are taking the test.
Reply 4
HopingDragron
I hope what I WILL do will help enough.

I can't speak for the chemistry, caUSE i'M TAKING edexcel.

For Bio though, Idon't think it can be made enjoyable. What helps massively, or so I've been told, is going through tons of past papers. 2003 to 2009 is what I'm personaLLY DOING.

Use the markschemes to write down the answers to questions that are likely to repeat i.e. defintions, descriptions..

Like describe translation, transcription, and active transport. 15 marks. They're sometime after 2005.

The specimen papers on edexcel.com also have PLENTY of useful questions that weren't in Jan. 2009 and thus could possibly be asked.

And of course, the rest would be using your notebook and texttbook.

Besides, A in 2009 Jan edexcel Biology was 52 out of 80, an incredibly easy mark to get.

It might be even lower now that more people are taking the test.

thanks so much but were can i get 2003 papers from.If you have them can you pm me please.thanks
Reply 5
As for Mechanics, I am pretty sure most of the concepts would have been ingrained in your mind by now. For those you are unsure about, simply go over them in your text book; perhaps solve a couple of questions to make sure you've got the concepts right.

After that, hit the past papers!

Solve a whole paper, and then mark it using the marking scheme. For the questions you got wrong or were unable to solve - see the solution and make sure you understand it. Then move on to the next paper. I've found this method to be incredibly useful as it allows me to learn from my mistakes and prevents me from repeating them in the future.
Reply 6
aura1947
As for Mechanics, I am pretty sure most of the concepts would have been ingrained in your mind by now. For those you are unsure about, simply go over them in your text book; perhaps solve a couple of questions to make sure you've got the concepts right.

After that, hit the past papers!

Solve a whole paper, and then mark it using the marking scheme. For the questions you got wrong or were unable to solve - see the solution and make sure you understand it. Then move on to the next paper. I've found this method to be incredibly useful as it allows me to learn from my mistakes and prevents me from repeating them in the future.

thanks

Latest