The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

skatealexia
I have errrm, all the biodiverity and evolution and classification revision notes, anyone interested?

yep! ill try to post up some of my notes as well

Biodiversity is absolutely boring! urgh nothing worse than trying to revise something youre not enthusiastic about
Reply 41
skatealexia
You miss some details in CHD, such as excess intake of carbohydrates in converted to fat and stored in the adipose tissue, ect.

chuck111
umm as I said this is according to the specification which i went through thoroughly and doesnt mention anything of that sort

I think you are both on about different specifications, ie. syllabus-2000 and syllabus-2008.

Chuck111 - which unit spec. did you make these from? I assume the new specification, but I'm sure that had details about CHD in it. :s-smilie:
Reply 42
DJkG.1
I think you are both on about different specifications, ie. syllabus-2000 and syllabus-2008.

Chuck111 - which unit spec. did you make these from? I assume the new specification, but I'm sure that had details about CHD in it. :s-smilie:

Um I made these from the new specand the new spec states :

Discuss the possible links between diet and coronary heart disease

Discuss the possible effects of a high blood cholesterol level on the heart and circulatory system with reference to LDL's and HDL's

umm im sorry skate alexia lol after reading that you are right

Soz guys i missed that point :frown:
Reply 43
chuck111
Um I made these from the new specand the new spec states :

Discuss the possible links between diet and coronary heart disease

Discuss the possible effects of a high blood cholesterol level on the heart and circulatory system with reference to LDL's and HDL's

umm im sorry skate alexia lol after reading that you are right

Soz guys i missed that point :frown:

Lol no worries, you are the one doing others the favour - you shouldn't apologise!

Had a look at your cards though - well done, they seem useful and I'd use them too if I didn't have an abnormal way of learning! :p:
Reply 44
skatealexia
You miss some details in CHD, such as excess intake of carbohydrates in converted to fat and stored in the adipose tissue, ect.

Soz umm my revision guide obviously doesnt go into enough detail
Reply 45
DJkG.1
Lol no worries, you are the one doing others the favour - you shouldn't apologise!

Had a look at your cards though - well done, they seem useful and I'd use them too if I didn't have an abnormal way of learning! :p:

thanks :biggrin: umm i did it mostly in that form as i learn from people testing me so i made them so my mum and brother can test me :P
Reply 46
Yep, im also sat for this exam aswell, thank god i dont have to resit, scored 79/90 in unit, using the specification, just a quick question here guys, should i strictly follow the specification?, or should i cover the whole molecules ..... section of the book made by heinmann, because theres a lot of crap in the book thats not in the specification, was wondering if i should take a quick look at the other stuff, because they do ask those nasty suggest questions and maybe thats covered in the excess stuff, anyways any answers that are ACCURATE (:P) would be helpful, apart from that really killing myself with revision for this unit about 7 hours a day of revision, ( i left it until the last minute ) doing about a page of the spec everyday and more ( 8 pages ).
thnks, good luck with this exam to the rest of you !!
hey Najizzle. Odd that this thread had died. Anyhow, in January all I did was read the book once the day before the exam, huge mistake lol, got one mark from a B. This time though I'm doing as u are, going over the specification, ticking and writing notes on it. Covered two thirds of unit one yesterday and shall finish that today. I think/hope this is a good way; and yes, I'm killing myself with 8 hours a day with bio, chem and maths. There is no other way :frown:
Reply 48
lol i am on the same stage as you 2/3 of unit 1 and all of it today, post back when u finish :tongue:
Reply 49
najizzle
Yep, im also sat for this exam aswell, thank god i dont have to resit, scored 79/90 in unit, using the specification, just a quick question here guys, should i strictly follow the specification?, or should i cover the whole molecules ..... section of the book made by heinmann, because theres a lot of crap in the book thats not in the specification, was wondering if i should take a quick look at the other stuff, because they do ask those nasty suggest questions and maybe thats covered in the excess stuff, anyways any answers that are ACCURATE (:P) would be helpful, apart from that really killing myself with revision for this unit about 7 hours a day of revision, ( i left it until the last minute ) doing about a page of the spec everyday and more ( 8 pages ).
thnks, good luck with this exam to the rest of you !!

me too im trying to cram like crazy umm im just gunna go with the spec cus i thought they really couldnt ask you anything out of the spec is this right?
that's what I thought. Their questions must remain in the specification, however a "describe" question will have allocated marks from other topics that aren't in the specification.
Reply 51
i think its best to read up on the other topics if possible in spare time, just incase but give priority to the spec.
Does anyone have any old-spec past paper which have similar content to the new spec?
Reply 53
download the specimen paper.
Reply 54
doing colorimetry, i fell behind yesterday, :frown:
Reply 55
Does anyone have the Jan 09 paper? From the new specification.

Thanks.
najizzle
download the specimen paper.

I've got the specimen paper, but I've already done it, and I'd prefer to do a few more.
Reply 57
there was no exam for unit 2 in jan 09 only unit 1, this is the first unit 2 exam.
if you want more, go to the the ocr website and look for past paper materials, or do the questions in the book, they sum up the chapters really well.
Reply 58
najizzle
there was no exam for unit 2 in jan 09 only unit 1, this is the first unit 2 exam.
if you want more, go to the the ocr website and look for past paper materials, or do the questions in the book, they sum up the chapters really well.

Sorry, yeah, i wanted the Unit 1 paper.

I went to the OCR website but you need to be a member to get the 09 papers, and i'm not.
not happy :sad:. Each spec page is taking me an hour to make notes about. Another 2 hours of bio then i've still got maths and chemistry to do....

Latest

Trending

Trending