The Student Room Group
well, Im going to BPP :smile: why? have heard that BPP is a very good provider of the GDL; but as far as I am concerned the deadline of choosing a provider of the GDL was almost a month ago.
Reply 2
la sombra del viento
well, Im going to BPP :smile: why? have heard that BPP is a very good provider of the GDL; but as far as I am concerned the deadline of choosing a provider of the GDL was almost a month ago.

The deadline is pretty notional, some people on the GDL only applied a week before the course started.

In answer to the OP's question, there's not a hierarchy of GDL providers in the same way there's a hierarchy of universities (in that a commendation from UEA is worth exactly the same as a commendation from CoL). However, most people going to larger commercial firms (whether in London or the regions) do, however, end up attending the bigger providers such as CoL or BPP (both in various branches), Nottingham, Oxford Brookes, and UWE. If you'd be applying for a training contract on the GDL I'm not sure whether recruiters would discriminate against you for going to a less usual provider (I'd certainly hope not though, but who knows?).
Reply 3
I get the impression that GDL provider isn't particularly important, and even if it was, UEA is still an impressive University. Though you may get better access to fairs etc being in London, I'd say the fact you're saving thousands of pounds by living at home would tip me personally in favour of UEA.

Latest

Trending

Trending