The Student Room Group

Coughing so much I'm being sick!

I've had a pretty bad cough for a few days, but today it seems to have got worse and I'm now coughing up blood/sick (attractive thought, I know).

I've been into school today and there's no way I can miss any because it's exam time. How can I get rid of it asap? I have my french oral on thursday! :mad:

Also, I gave blood a few days ago, should I ring them up and tell them to trash it? They said something about if you get anything other than a cold to ring them and tell them, but I don't know if just a cough/sore throat would make me sound like a bit of a hypochondriac.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go to the GP.

When I was coughing so much I was being sick I had a chest infection.
Go on antibiotics? Or tell your school it's swine flu and they might shut anyway so all your troubles would be over.
Omg, i am exactly the same. Ive had the worst cough for the fast week, and its getting so much worse, im going to the drs tomorrow, i think its time to get it checked out. I did ask in boots when i bought my cough medicine, and the guy said there could be chance of a chest infection :frown:
You've got swine flu!

Nah see yuor doctor immediately. See what he says. Miss school if you have to.
Reply 6

Haha, probably :cool:
No, that's seriously not an option. I leave on Friday so the time I have left is precious - if I have to bring a bucket with me to class I will do! Could really do with it going before my french oral though....
Reply 7
*River
Go to the GP.

Same here - I let mine go on for absolutely ages cause I kept trying to convince myself it was just a cold.

1 week of antibiotics later and I'd actually forgotten how good it was to breathe freely!
Reply 8
Oh my goodness! Blind panic! Zombies! The end is near!
Reply 9
If you cough up blood then you need to see a doctor ASAP, get to A and E, it isn't a small thing. Do it, go now.
Probably something like bronchitis. Could be bacterial or viral. Antibiotics may or may not help. A bronchodilator such as Ventolin would definitely help.
Reply 11
azhao
If you cough up blood then you need to see a doctor ASAP, get to A and E, it isn't a small thing. Do it, go now.

I think it was blood....it sort of tasted like it, but it was kind of in the sick so I'm not completely sure...

God this is embarrassing, wish I'd gone anon now! :p:
Reply 12
By blood/sick have you been sick and theres been blood in that too?
*River
Go to the GP.

:ditto:
Reply 14
xmarilynx
I think it was blood....it sort of tasted like it, but it was kind of in the sick so I'm not completely sure...

God this is embarrassing, wish I'd gone anon now!
Oh ok, if you are sick again and there is blood in it then seriously, go see a doctor.
Reply 15
ahh i hope you get better :smile:
Calpol?
Reply 17
little_red_sox
:console:

Haha I wouldn't get that close if I were you :p:
I guess if you go to school there's a risk of you infecting everyone else with it..

:rolleyes:
Reply 19
jack1865
ahh i hope you get better :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Latest