The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My college has been doing Ib for about 10 years I think.
40ish of us in IB1. Same in IB2.
College does loads of other stuff, GCSE, A Levels, NVQs etc.
There's about 8000 students on 4 campuses lol.
There are 140 people in my year.
Reply 22
Livilah
My school created the IB (I'm not kidding!)
We are a private international school with about 170 in IB1 and the samd in IB2.

Well you must be kidding because the IB was created in Geneva!:wink:
My school is private, they've done it for about 10 years. There are only 4 people (including me) doing IB right now.

Next year's group is supposed to be bigger- but not by much. Maybe 10 people.
Reply 24
Everyone, it's compulsory at 6th form now. so probably about 300 students? I think we were the first school in Britain to make it compulsory
13 people in IB Science here.
9 people in IB commerce!

Yeah!
Reply 26
Right now there's 12 in my year. We started with 28 lol. And we're only doing English A2!
Reply 27
Interesting topic :smile:

Does your school only do IB?
No, PYP, IGCSE and IB
How long have they done IB for?
I think 10 years, or so
Is it state or private?
Private

Including myself there are six people in IB2 and nine in IB1.
Reply 28
amar09
Well you must be kidding because the IB was created in Geneva!:wink:

No, it was created by the International School of Geneva, International School of New York and Atlantic College - where I am! :p:
Atlantic College mainly came up with the CAS side of things (our founder also created the Duke of Edinburgh Award, so you can see where his interests lie.) But we've been studying it from the 1st year. In fact, the school funded the IBO for a couple of years when it nearly went under, without AC there would be no IB - don't blame me!
Back to revision!
Reply 29
Does your school only do IB? IB, something they call pre-IB and GCSE.
How long have they done IB for? This is the 3rd year, but we're the second graduating years.
Is it state or private? Private.

I think theres around 40 in the year. Not ever counted to be honest.
Reply 30
Does your school only do IB? nope IB and American Diploma!

How long have they done IB for? we are the first batch, and yes we do feel like lab rats....

Is it state or private? Private.

oh and 4 full IB diploma students
and 7 certificate students :wink:
IB and the finnish national
7 years maybe..
Is it state or private?
State
How many people in your school do IB?
about about 60 do IB and the rest 1200 do the finnish national.. awesome proportion :biggrin:

Supposedly...you could say yes...but then...there's another diploma as well...in addition to IB.

I guess around 5 years by now. They're trying to expand into the arts stream...though many decided to go into the science stream.

Is it state or private?

It is a state school. I think there are 120 students in IB1...and around 40 students in IB2 at my school.
Reply 33
My school started the IB in '07 so my year is the second lot to graduate from this place and yeah, everyone starts the IB but those that might fail swap over to QSA/QCS or something like that in IB2. In pre-IB we started with about 120 - 130 students and now almost mid way through IB2 we are 70 students. I believe it is claimed that my year level has the highest drop out rate... never did check up on that though.
My school has been doing IB and only IB for 4 years.
There are 120ish IB students in this exam session.
It's private
Reply 35
in ours IB (PYP, MYP & DP + Certficate) is the only thing offered. We have ~130 doing the IB in G12 & G11.
Reply 36
IGCSE, GCSE, IB, AP(Self study)
Our school started IB in 2003 - so 7 years already. There are around 180 people doing IB Diploma.
Reply 37
School Does IGCSE/GCSE then IB is compulsory for Years 12/13. So around 160people. I think my school's been doing the IB for around 6 years now.
about 42 I think:smile:
Lets see...
1. IB and AP ( but AP is self-study, all the classes are IB)
2. My school has had IB for close to 20 years now
3. And it's a public school

We have MYP and DP...only counting the students in the dp would amount to around 500 kids, but most don't do the full diploma. Full diploma student total is around 150, give or take 5/10 kids...

Latest

Trending

Trending