The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Philosoraptor
You mean finding a job that paid more than 22k? I could do that this very second.

Hmm. I think I could probably find a job given my intercalated degree that would match my salary for next year, but I really don't think I'd enjoy it as much.
Ok 31k. Right now, and be earning it within 6 months.
I'm getting more (try harder).
Spencer Wells
I'm getting more (try harder).

You're a graduate :p: I'm not even done with 2nd year...
Plus really? even though non-banding? Plus you have to factor in the relative amounts of debt we both have :p:
Reply 44
Philosoraptor
You're a graduate :p: I'm not even done with 2nd year...
Plus really? even though non-banding? Plus you have to factor in the relative amounts of debt we both have :p:

Spencer Wells and I are both banded quite nicely next year, plus London weighting.

And I genuinely can't think of any jobs that I would a)want to do or b)be qualified for that pay that well.
Helenia
Spencer Wells and I are both banded quite nicely next year, plus London weighting.

And I genuinely can't think of any jobs that I would a)want to do or b)be qualified for that pay that well.

Ah well you see (banding) that won't apply for me in the future...so I'd be better off buggering off :p:
Philosoraptor
Ah well you see (banding) that won't apply for me in the future...so I'd be better off buggering off :p:

It might. In theory Hels and I are both working ETWD compliant rotas (in theory).
Subcutaneous
30mins in a 12hour shift or 15mins in an 8 hour shift isn't realllyyyy regular, plus during that time i get my care plans done so im not up and down doing them later

30 minutes? and the rest...

Where i work the nurses on a 12hr night shift get 2 hours of break. undisturbed
Jamie
30 minutes? and the rest...

Where i work the nurses on a 12hr night shift get 2 hours of break. undisturbed

please tell me where that is so i can keep that in mind when i start applying! lol

night shifts are a bit odd..they're either 2 extremes, really busy or not

EDIT: at my current placement if all the clients are settled and most are in bed by 1am..we play on the playstation till 7..one of my motivations to consider mh nursing :tongue:
Reply 49
Helenia
Your round.
Reply 50
Subcutaneous
please tell me where that is so i can keep that in mind when i start applying! lol

night shifts are a bit odd..they're either 2 extremes, really busy or not

EDIT: at my current placement if all the clients are settled and most are in bed by 1am..we play on the playstation till 7..one of my motivations to consider mh nursing :tongue:
Barts & The London, Mid Essex & Southend for a start.
Reply 51
Helenia
I'm sticking with it for now. Though I must say I am surprised she is working the hours she claims.

my cousins boyfriend/partner/person is an F2 and sometimes has to work 90-100 hour weeks when people are ill or away and he is on call

when i spoke to F1s on work experience though (although it was their first week) they didnt seem to have too much work, just the usual hours mon-fri plus 2 evenings each week and one weekend in every 6 so hopefully my cousins boyfriend is just a special case
Reply 52
FTC199
my cousins boyfriend/partner/person is an F2 and sometimes has to work 90-100 hour weeks when people are ill or away and he is on call

when i spoke to F1s on work experience though (although it was their first week) they didnt seem to have too much work, just the usual hours mon-fri plus 2 evenings each week and one weekend in every 6 so hopefully my cousins boyfriend is just a special case
An F2 is different from an F1, we already know that you have more responsibility and more work as the former.

When people are away, sick or whatever, other people often do need to pick up the slack.

And everyone inflates their hour claims. :wink:
Reply 53
Helenia

Owch... all that money and no time off to spend it :wink:
Fluffy

It'll make saving for things like cars and deposits on houses simple. Plus with internet shopping so widely available I'm sure I'll be able to spend it all.
Reply 55
Fluffy

I have a boyfriend with expensive tastes, who has been splashing the cash on me for the last two years, I suspect it may be time to return the favour, so I'm sure I shan't have problems spending it! If all else fails I'll just do something boring like save it/pay off debt.

Latest

Trending

Trending