The Student Room Group
Internet Site - Quick delivery, can (usually) check on progress
BUT there's the possibility of damaged goods (as is with Mail Order Catalogues).

A shop - stroll in, try on/examine the clothes/goods. BUT - only open certain hours, whereas online, you can pre-order/book during the night, bank-holidays etc.
Reply 2
Aplin
Can any one help me really quickly please?

I want advantages and disadvantages (as many as possible for the following:

a Shop
Internet Site
Mail Order Catalogue

These can be from the owners or customers point of view. THANKS!

(in addition to above post)
Shop - queues, transport home, to car, delivery may not be an option. Goods can be viewed, tried on. Possible to pay in cash.

Internet Site - Doubts about security. returns can be a problem.

Mail Order Catalogue - could be 2/3 days more required for order to be shipped

Aitch
Internet Site - fears about credit card fraud, etc. Not ideal for emergency shopping, BUT can get cheaper goods online (DVDs, etc.)

MO Cat - Again, not ideal for emergency shopping.

No idea if this helps you at the moment - you may have needed it all this morning :frown:.
Reply 4
Aplin
Can any one help me really quickly please?

I want advantages and disadvantages (as many as possible for the following:

a Shop
Internet Site
Mail Order Catalogue

These can be from the owners or customers point of view. THANKS!

okay, I'm just going to list all I can think of, sorry if I'm just repeating what others have said

A Shop
Advantages - allows people to see and maybe try on before buying, can take good away right after purchasing, 'personal feel',
Disadvantages - expensive to set up and run, small market (ie those in local area), people have to shop during opening hours

Internet Site
Advantages - shop 24/7, worldwide market, can find rare goods, reatively cheap set-up and running costs (compared to shop), shop from home
Disadvantages - security issues, scams, have to wait for goods to be delivered, can't try before you buy, needs constant maintanence and updating, problems with system crashes, problems associated with buying internationally (currency, shipping costs, etc), not everyone has internet access

Mail Order
Advantages - can shop from home
Disadvantages - can't try before you buy, have to wait for delivery

Sorry I didn't have more for mail order...just as an ICT student I did the internet/shop question what felt like a million times coming up the exams in Jan, so I know them much better

Latest

Trending

Trending