The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm going to wait until I go into school. As I might reapply, knowing whether I've got in this year isn't my biggest concern, and even if I do decide to go to (and get the grades for) Durham this year then I'll still be more concerned with my actual marks.
As for the whole disappointment and crying in school business... well the teachers at school will probably be more sympathetic than my parents! Hah.
Hopefully A2 results day will be similar to GCSE... I went out the night before so managed to only wake up at 10 (when we were supposed to be in school collecting them!), at least that way I won't be stressing like mad all night.
tradingmyheartforyours
Someone said she did.

The 2009 thread will be massive and then be moved to Chat as opposed to GD...

Necessarily benevolent you seem a smart guy so don't worry too much.:smile:

Yes, but it's essentially riding on a single exam, and who knows what could happen. I could end up being in a room with a sniffer. :mad:
MalcomNewMoney84
LOL same here! I think I would rather just go to school to get my grades, there's something more traditional about it :o:

See i'd like to be traditional and just wait until I go in but I don't think I'll be able to just knowing that the internet might know what uni i'm going to! :p:
victoire
I'm going to wait until I go into school. As I might reapply, knowing whether I've got in this year isn't my biggest concern, and even if I do decide to go to (and get the grades for) Durham this year then I'll still be more concerned with my actual marks.
As for the whole disappointment and crying in school business... well the teachers at school will probably be more sympathetic than my parents! Hah.
Hopefully A2 results day will be similar to GCSE... I went out the night before so managed to only wake up at 10 (when we were supposed to be in school collecting them!), at least that way I won't be stressing like mad all night.

Thats a really good idea, on the night of my GCSE results I was up almost all night worrying... would be a good idea to go out the night before. Also perhaps get blind drunk and go in the next day hungover so that I don't care about my results either way :woo:
apassingfeeling
See i'd like to be traditional and just wait until I go in but I don't think I'll be able to just knowing that the internet might know what uni i'm going to! :p:

Yeah fair enough. Although I say that, when the time comes.. who knows how I'll feel bout the situation?!
apassingfeeling
Thats a really good idea, on the night of my GCSE results I was up almost all night worrying... would be a good idea to go out the night before. Also perhaps get blind drunk and go in the next day hungover so that I don't care about my results either way :woo:

I slept like a baby because I didn't actually give a crap what they were (I underperformed :ninja:). :p:
I'm definitely going to take a look in the morning, considering the horror my sister went through!

She was unfortunately put into clearing because she didn't get her firm or insurance choice and, after that, its first come first served for a lot of unis so from about 8 in the morning she had the phone on her lap, pounding in numbers trying to get through (believe it or not the phonelines were already filling) whilst my mum was online searching for courses that had places and the numbers for the unis.

Luckily she got into Nottingham (a better uni for her course than the one she'd originally applied to!) and so all was fine.

Just shows its better to be prepared for the worst because if she'd waited until she got her results then she would've been too late for a lot of courses.

As for the person saying they'd get their sixth form rep to do it...HAHA. unlikely seeing as you won't be the only one in clearing, they have a lot of admissions stuff to do, its their holidays and they have no idea what courses and what unis you want to go to!

x
Reply 67
I didn't even know we could. I guess I'll decide based on how my exams go, which we haven't even sat yet...
I guess I should start revising really :/
Reply 68
I will check, yes.
I'm not going to look until the morning, there doesn't seem much point waiting for it to come through. TSR should be fun that night though!
Reply 70
It won't update during the night. Mine updated at something stupid like 7.30 or something. There was a sudden flurry of activity on TSR when it did, find that and you'll find out what time it was.
I'll be checking track. Like others have said, I'd rather know if I've got in or not, so I don't end up crying all over everyone when I realise my results weren't good enough.
Reply 72
this thread is SCARING me
:frown:
Ah, I was just having this conversation with my friends today. :sad:

I will, probably, be on Track all night, the suspense would kill me!
My F5 button will be in ruins by the time I'm done.
Reply 74
__Katy
I will check, yes.

I read "I will chuck" :ninja:.
Perhaps it's just my subconscious reminding me that I probably will chuck due to nerves at some point. Jeez, my stomach is going a bit even thinking about it now..
I will go and check to see if I got in to my top and ONLY choice. :p:

Meh. If I don't, I'm going to cry. :frown:
.ka
this thread is SCARING me
:frown:

I couldn't agree more... altho good motivation for actually revising? :p:
Reply 77
OH MY GOD THE BUTTERFLIES. I'm terrified now.

Anyway, yes I will most definitely be checking from about 6am. I have no self control. If I don't get into my first choice, I'm not even sure if I'll be going to college to pick up my results anyway... :/
Reply 78
necessarily benevolent
If I didn't get into uni, I'd spend another year doing about five A levels, then take another year for travelling, and apply to really good places again. But no...don't think about that. :s:

:smile: My first reaction would be shell-shocked, sitting there in the corner...otherwise under normal circumstances I should be getting at least 320 if not 340 tariff points and I only need 300 to get into Royal Holloway.

Then practicality would seep in, and yes...I would self-secure myself in a throughout final year (again) of school, getting top marks (or die trying!) and taking a gap year to gain experience, money to fund my education and then hopefully learning enough from this time round to never do it again.

Good plan! But I fear my parents won't pay for me, for ANOTHER year in my international british school here...so I really hope (and not only hope, since that alone will not always bring you far) that I will at least get my 300 damned points!
:smile:
Reply 79
Alexandra1234567

I will NOT. If I've got in, the excitement after the suspense is ruined; if I haven't, I couldn't face going in afterwards.

This.

Latest