The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I honestlyy dont think i stand a chance of getting into my firm, my insurance should be fine... But i have noo idea how to shrug off the fact that i havent made it... It's going to be hell :'(
guess whos looking at the clearing courses available now! .... in addition to writing down the unis numbers.... as a precaution !
In 2007 when I did my A2 exams, I got my letter from my uni confirming my place on results day, lol. So I went to get them knowing that whatever I had was enough. I wasn't nervous anyway, I did no work for my exams at all so it's not as if I had anything to lose.
Reply 103
xtina120891
guess whos looking at the clearing courses available now! .... in addition to writing down the unis numbers.... as a precaution !

Haha i was just thinking the exact same thing :smile:
This thread is actually really bad for my heart. It's at roughly 100bpm, when i have a resting rate of 50. Seriously, I am so worried... and I haven't taken a single exam. I'm gonna stay up till 11pm working just to make myself feel better.
Reply 105
Yeah i'm just going to check when i wake up, i'd never stay up all night waiting by my computer.
daisyc
Yeah i'm just going to check when i wake up, i'd never stay up all night waiting by my computer.

Yeah, but do you know how hard it is to sleep the night before, I still remember pacing up and down at 5am in the morning for GCSE's and I was 16... it's much worse now... MUCH!
Reply 107
I never even considered it before but yes i will be now!! x
Reply 108
n0c0ntr0l
Yeah, but do you know how hard it is to sleep the night before, I still remember pacing up and down at 5am in the morning for GCSE's and I was 16... it's much worse now... MUCH!

Haha really! I am far too lazy/ don't care enough sadly as I never work hard enough.
n0c0ntr0l
This thread is actually really bad for my heart. It's at roughly 100bpm, when i have a resting rate of 50. Seriously, I am so worried... and I haven't taken a single exam. I'm gonna stay up till 11pm working just to make myself feel better.

I wish I could say the same! Instead I have the heart rate and just procrastinate rather than work.
Reply 110
Ye , then i can cry at home and get it all out of my system and put a brave face on for school LOL
Most definitely
yeah ill be on ucas from around 6.. for the second time in my life.

i thought last year was hard.. this year will kill me.

it updates at around 6 am. no earlier.
Universities get your A2 results a couple of days before the Thursday they are officially released , but this data isn't released to Track until ~0700BST.

Don't waste your time checking before then as there will be nothing to see , I can tell you that from experience last year.
I'll be up earlier than usual to check :o:
Track didn't update for me until about 8am.
tradingmyheartforyours
Guys, it doesn't upload until 7am so it is futile even staying and getting more petrified as time progresses. You will be a nervous wreck.

Search A2 results countdown thread from 2008 or 2007 and you will see no ones uploaded before 6:45am.

Calm down!

:yep: I was one of the idiots that stayed up on TSR all night last year. As said in the quote all you do is make yourself more nervous.
Reply 117
I AM SO SO SO SCARED NOW.
i mean i'm fairly sure i will get my grades but just thinking about if i don't....
i don't know what would be better, i think i'd rather wait and look at school because that way it would be more exciting and it'll be with your friends but as others have said above, i doubt i'll have the self control to not look at track.
i cried quite badly with my AS results as i completely underperformed and was very disappointed - this was highly embarrassing so i guess checking track will get this out of the way!

I AM SO SO SO SCARED.
Check when I wake up. being results day, it'll be about 7:30, and I'll probably wake up 30 mins earlier out of nerves. I'll set my PC to login to wireless and launch UCAS Track as soon as I press the power button. I might try to tweak the boot process to get there a bit faster.

Once I know the result, my day will go as follows:

It's a good'n! I'm in, to either firm or insurance (both really nice unis)

- Run out of my room and shout "I'M IN!!", so the parents know straight away
- After I've calmed down a bit, happily log on to MSN/Facebook/TSR to see how others have done
- Start thinking about what it'll be like at (uni I got into)
- Leisurely go through the morning not really doing much other than talking
- Go to school and get my results, to see where I did well/badly (and yet still got in, etc), talk to friends and see how they did
- Leave after about 20 minutes (I never spend long at results days)
- etc, etc.

Didn't get into either choice

- Bit more subdued, won't run anywhere to shout anything.
- Discuss clearing, etc, plans with parents.
- Wait until we can go in to get results (do we need them to start clearing?)
- Take them immediately and walk back to car, open them in the car and see whether they're not actually that bad.
- When I get home, start the clearing process
- Try to get a good place at a good course at a good uni before lunchtime
- When I'm happy enough with what I have, see how others have done

...I'm glad I wrote that, it's made things a bit clearer in my head.
OMG i'm soooo nervous!
I took a few exams in Jan but the results of those wern't to good, i'm retaking a few.
I should get into my firm choice, i really hope i do as i dnt have an insurance! :frown:
I would want to wait until school to look, but just knowing that the answer to my question is just a few clicks away would drive me insane!!!
AARRGGHH!
FREAKING OUT HERE!!!!!

Latest