The Student Room Group

How to remember key studies for psychology? Revision methods?

Scroll to see replies

Also I'd recommend joining Sporcle, it's a quiz website and if you create your own account you can make your own quizzes. You could make, for example, a quiz where you match up each name of researcher with things like procedure, aims, criticisms and conclusions etc. (Just try not to get too distracted by all the other quizzes!)
I have to remember over 80 researchers and their studies! My teacher said try to use visual imagery, but I can't draw! And I can't keep all 80 in my imagination at once!
Original post by Steph92
i never learnt the dates for the studies, and that is totally fine,
unless its like the conformity studies,
such as Asch, and you should mention the year he did it in, and then as your critisicm / weakness of the study you can mention how at that time, conformity was a big thing due to the Mcarthy Era...etccc.....
hope that helps and can take the stress off learning all the dates :smile::smile:

Original post by spaceprincess14
I'm only a GCSE student but I'm get A's every time, what I do is I make a spider diagram of the studies and write key notes, not the whole thing but key thing for me to remember so when I'm writing it and I remember it all, just stick them up on a wall of your room you look at every day and read over it aloud or in your head. Hope this helps!:smile:xx

So does that mean it is not necessary to remember the years of the studies? (For AQA GCSE level)? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by spaceprincess14
I'm only a GCSE student but I'm get A's every time, what I do is I make a spider diagram of the studies and write key notes, not the whole thing but key thing for me to remember so when I'm writing it and I remember it all, just stick them up on a wall of your room you look at every day and read over it aloud or in your head. Hope this helps!:smile:xx:p:p

I'm doing GCSE psych too. Did you bother remembering non key studies (like the ones they briefly mention with 1 line when evaluating a theory) . I only revise for the actual key studies but I'm not sure if that's enough.

Quick Reply

Latest