The Student Room Group

Higher English - Death Of A Salesman

(Another English thread here, unfortunately...)

I'm wondering if anyone else is preparing DOAS for the exam? I've got all my notes here in front of me, but I'm at a loss to where to start. I had written an essay on it a while back, and got a 23, but it only looked at the play from one specific angle, whereas in the exam, any question can come up.
There is much to discuss on the play and little brain capacity left to take it all in; how is everyone/anyone else studying for it?
fig:

but it only looked at the play from one specific angle, whereas in the exam, any question can come up.

Yes, any question can come up. Which is a bummer :s-smilie:

I've never studied DOAS, but I might be able to help here.

I would try and focus on something else in the play. Like, a different theme, characterisation (a different character?), setting etc. I'm sure in order to study something for Higher English the text has to be embodied with different techniques...(?)

This site might help if you're wanting to look at different angles:
http://www.answers.com/topic/death-of-a-salesman-play-1

As I said before, I don't know anything about the play or what you have written about. But I'm sure if you have been taught the play, it has a lot of juice to squeeze out of it :biggrin: (bad imagery again lol)

Hope that helped :smile:
Reply 2
Parma_Violet
Yes, any question can come up. Which is a bummer :s-smilie:

I've never studied DOAS, but I might be able to help here.

I would try and focus on something else in the play. Like, a different theme, characterisation (a different character?), setting etc. I'm sure in order to study something for Higher English the text has to be embodied with different techniques...(?)

This site might help if you're wanting to look at different angles:
http://www.answers.com/topic/death-of-a-salesman-play-1

As I said before, I don't know anything about the play or what you have written about. But I'm sure if you have been taught the play, it has a lot of juice to squeeze out of it :biggrin: (bad imagery again lol)

Hope that helped :smile:

Ha ha, the imagery actually fits in with a quote from the play so it's all completely relevant! Thank you for linking me to that site, it's actually really useful :smile:
Reply 3
Anyone got any notes for the text? >:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending