The Student Room Group

Studying

What do you find is the best way to study with only the 1 week to go before the highers start (or the main block anyways).

I personaly need a good way that doesnt involve much time - my attention span isnt long enough - id prefere somethign that takes 30 mintues then i go away and do some more later.

I should know the information only learned it a year ago so its mainly a case of bringing it back to teh front of my mind, anyone got tips for this?

And its not easy to read over my notes because there all over the place - bad management by me i know :mad: wont happen next year promise :p:

Cheers Catkill
Reply 1
Catkill
wont happen next year promise :p:

I think we all say this every year!

30 minutes a time isn't very long to spend on revision when the exams are so close. It would be better to clump all these 30 minute slots together everyday with a 10/15 minute break every hour. I would say that this is especially important if you suffer from procrastination, since you'll probably find your focus drifting.

Catkill
I should know the information only learned it a year ago so its mainly a case of bringing it back to teh front of my mind, anyone got tips for this?

Study books are pretty good for this. I particularly like the Hodder Gibson collection. In the case of subjects like Maths and Physics particularly, it's a matter of doing loads of practice questions for each topic - this embeds the equation/process/information in your brain to whip out when you need it in your exam.

If you have got limited revision time, and if you haven't done any revision up 'till this point then your time is limited, then something you should consider doing is focusing your efforts on the topics in each course which you find easy or think you can learn with relative ease and leave the topics which give you the most grief until you've covered everything else. This should ensure you gain the most marks possible.

So, the best thing I think you could do right now is:

Get hold of some study books - hodder gibson have a variety of them

Focus on your best topics first, leaving your poor ones for after you've mastered the others

Go over what you need to know for each topic and then start working on practice questions

I hope this helped, not sure it's exactly the answer you were after though. Good Luck anyway!

Latest

Trending

Trending