The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
elwoodc
Lol I think I must be the only person who liked BYA5! All the genetics was good :smile: Hate BYA6.

Blasphemy!

The only bad bits on BYA6 are the theories of water movement through a plant and all that potometer crap. Everything else kind of rocks. Kidneys are awesome.
Reply 21
Kinkerz
Blasphemy!

The only bad bits on BYA6 are the theories of water movement through a plant and all that potometer crap. Everything else kind of rocks. Kidneys are awesome.

ahaha! I like the water stuff :P not the potometer bit though
and I hate the kidneys!!!
Reply 22
elwoodc
ahaha! I like the water stuff :P

How can you like that stuff? It's nothing short of tedious.
Reply 23
Kinkerz
How can you like that stuff? It's nothing short of tedious.

Lol it's easy though, and I can understand it, and it's simple to regurgitate in an exam :smile:
I'm with elwoodc. I don't have a great passion for biology so regurgitation is my preferred option!
So....BYA6 is tomorrow :eek3:
How is everyone feeling?
Reply 26
scaryhair
So....BYA6 is tomorrow :eek3:
How is everyone feeling?

very very very scared! lol
i should have done more revision! and i realised i dont understans the bohr effect and oxygen dissociation stuff at all.... gonna be fun tomorrow :wink:
starfall
very very very scared! lol
i should have done more revision! and i realised i dont understans the bohr effect and oxygen dissociation stuff at all.... gonna be fun tomorrow :wink:

Aw thats not too bad - you still have today to go over that!
I'm having a past paper blitz today, fun!
Reply 28
scaryhair
Aw thats not too bad - you still have today to go over that!
I'm having a past paper blitz today, fun!

yer but i only found out the other day that the bya6 paper has a synoptic element to it as well so can still ask you stuff from all the previous units... i havnt revised them yet :eek:
Reply 29
I didn't realise there was synoptic elements on BYA6! Also, to any BYA5 resitters, did anyone else wonder why they put them on the same day at the same time? Surely that could have been avoided!
Reply 30
i really need notes on photosynthesis and the respiration stuff in the cells, and the energy processes, we had no teachers for that bit :frown::frown:
and im gona add rep:yep:
Reply 31
sairy_xx
I didn't realise there was synoptic elements on BYA6! Also, to any BYA5 resitters, did anyone else wonder why they put them on the same day at the same time? Surely that could have been avoided!

hmm no idea it would have been much better if they had them on different days:mad:
Reply 32
sairy_xx

yer defo got synoptic bits on the bya6 paper, if you look at the june 06 past paper (i think) it says it on the front and it states it in the syllabus!
teaches never warned us bout that :eek:
MR.PINK
i really need notes on photosynthesis and the respiration stuff in the cells, and the energy processes, we had no teachers for that bit :frown::frown:
and im gona add rep:yep:

http://www.mrothery.co.uk/photosynthesis/photosynth&respnotes1.htm
http://www.biologyguide.net/bya5/bya5-14-6.htm
http://www.biologyguide.net/bya5/bya5-14-8.htm
http://www.biologymad.com/

Hope this helps :smile:
starfall
yer defo got synoptic bits on the bya6 paper, if you look at the june 06 past paper (i think) it says it on the front and it states it in the syllabus!
teaches never warned us bout that :eek:

The synoptic questions have an S in bold next to the question number. If you're resitting then thats half of the revision done, and look at it this way - we have a synoptic exam on Wednesday anyway so its good preparation for that. Don't panic, just look over the yellow summary bullet points at the end of each topic in the textbook or use a revision guide and you should be fine.
Reply 35
I'm feeling ok about BYA5 and BYA6 tomorrow :smile:
Anyone need help with anything? It would be good revision for me :yep:
Reply 36
Azori
I'm feeling ok about BYA5 and BYA6 tomorrow :smile:
Anyone need help with anything? It would be good revision for me :yep:

BYA6 is slowly killing me, I think I'm going mad.
Wanna explain the loops of henle to me? There was a 6 marker on it in June 2006. I was like... umm... it helps reabsorb water. Yeah...:confused:
elwoodc
BYA6 is slowly killing me, I think I'm going mad.
Wanna explain the loops of henle to me? There was a 6 marker on it in June 2006. I was like... umm... it helps reabsorb water. Yeah...:confused:

Think its something to do with the countercurrent multiplier :dontknow:. June 2006 was certainly the nastiest of the last few papers I found.
Reply 38
Haven't touched it apart from doing it in the class. Been occupied with copious amounts of exams this week.

Got some notes from a cousin of mine who destroyed this last year.

Will try do half of it tonight and the rest tomorrow morning

I'm knackered and worried!
Reply 39
i've changed this to a BYA5 only thread, please can someone create one for BYA6. cheers.

good luck for tomorrow!

Latest

Trending

Trending