The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
...ill wait
Reply 2
when are we allowed to speak?
Reply 3
Ok I took my test yesterday morning, and its 7:13 am the next day now! I think the 24 hours have passes, but i'll wait a little more to be sure!!
Reply 4
It's not quite 24 hours yet for me. I did it Friday morning and it's now Saturday morning but a few hours short of 24. I'd say it's best to wait a few more hours.
Reply 5
It's not quite 24 hours yet for me. I did it Friday morning and it's now Saturday morning but a few hours short of 24. I'd say it's best to wait a few more hours.
Reply 6
i think in the forum rules it says we can start after 13.00 so few more hours to go...
Reply 7
Which board? Anyone did CIE?
Reply 8
Cie?
Reply 9
Cambridge exam
Reply 10
So... how did it go?
I found paper 2 much much easier than paper 1. :smile: I don't think there was a single question I couldn't do, but I didn't have enough time to go through the last question to check it again so don't think I'll have done as well as I could have.
Reply 11
well i could do all questions in paper 2 accept for the last one...and yes paper 2 was easier than the stupid paper 1
Reply 12
Kittten
So... how did it go?
I found paper 2 much much easier than paper 1. :smile: I don't think there was a single question I couldn't do, but I didn't have enough time to go through the last question to check it again so don't think I'll have done as well as I could have.

24 hours have DEFINATELY PASSED.
If they haven't mods please delete this post rather than giving me another warning, because last time 24 hours HAD passed since the 1pm cutoff time in my TZ!!!

I thought P2 was a lot easier than P1..... P1 I didn't finish, I think I got about 65/90.
I couldn't get question 3 on P2 though, find the distance between A and D or something! I just made up a number and kept going, so that I'll get some follow through marks...
Reply 13
jcb309

I thought P2 was a lot easier than P1..... P1 I didn't finish, I think I got about 65/90.
I couldn't get question 3 on P2 though, find the distance between A and D or something! I just made up a number and kept going, so that I'll get some follow through marks...

I finished both paper 1 and paper 2 which I am proud of because I didn't finish either paper on my mocks.
There is a formula for calculating the distance between two lines.
d=The square root of ((x-x)^2+(y-y)^2)
And the x and y values are the x and y values of the two points
Reply 14
jcb309
24 hours have DEFINATELY PASSED.
If they haven't mods please delete this post rather than giving me another warning, because last time 24 hours HAD passed since the 1pm cutoff time in my TZ!!!

It took me ages to work that out too! I had to go round working out all the other angles and sides first before. I can't exactly remember how I did it, but I know as part of my working I actually answered the next question too! I must have used to most indirect method, but I think I got it rights :smile:
Reply 15
Lovisa
I finished both paper 1 and paper 2 which I am proud of because I didn't finish either paper on my mocks.
There is a formula for calculating the distance between two lines.
d=The square root of ((x-x)^2+(y-y)^2)
And the x and y values are the x and y values of the two points

Haha, I just realized it probably wasn't that kind of question. It was a question where you had to use trigonometry, sorry.
Reply 16
There was a question about ven diagrams and probability, I can't remember what question. the question was something like:
what is the probability you own a cat, given that you own a bird. I was stuck on that question. I got the answer 0.545 somehow. does anyone know what the anser was.
Reply 17
Probability of owning a cat and a bird / probability of owning a bird?
Reply 18
nira123
There was a question about ven diagrams and probability, I can't remember what question. the question was something like:
what is the probability you own a cat, given that you own a bird. I was stuck on that question. I got the answer 0.545 somehow. does anyone know what the anser was.

correct
Reply 19
Centr0
correct

I wrote it as a fraction with the denominator as the number of people with a bird (22 I think) and the numarator was the number of bird owners who also owned a cat (the poeple in the middle and the people in the cat / bird overlap) so it was something like 8/22. Is it ok as a fraction?

Latest

Trending

Trending