The Student Room Group

In need of time management guidance.

Ok I've never been terribly au fait with time management skills and now my MSc (only one year long) is coming into land I feel I may well **** myself over.

So this is my position at the moment:-

I have a dissertation 15,000 – 20,000 words to write. Due in on 27th August 2009. (The problem is it will be based on fieldwork abroad 22nd June - 31st July.)

I have a report I'm doing write now 2000 words due in on 21st May

Another report 3000 words due in on 27th May

2 exams - 1st and 4th June (one hard one not as hard)

2 deferred exams (24th August - 4th September) (one quite easy and one borderline impossible)

As for the dissertation I think there might be a possibility to get the deadline pushed back because of the fieldwork grant I am receiving but assuming this isn't possible how do I plan my time for all these things? So far I'm just doing work for whichever deadline happens to be coming up first...
Reply 1
hey are u already coping up ur time now?
Reply 2
You need to devise a timetable. If you PM me your email address, I can forward you a template. You need to consider the relative weighting of each assignment as well as the deadline. Devote the most time to those assessments where the deadline is looming, but try to achieve a balance between the different modules. Some word limits are only guidelines. There is usually scope for writing slightly less. Ensure that you know the practical requirements for each of your exams, including the number of questions you are required to answer. The best strategy now is selective preparation. Look also for where the modules overlap (if there is any), as this will reduce your overall workload. I hope this helps.

Latest

Trending

Trending