Visit website
Reply 1
dont go lancaster then.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I've lived in Lancaster for a long time (I go to Uni elsewhere). It's a very small town. Less than 50 places to drink at night. Sorry.
Reply 3
If you like London's nightlife you probably won't like Lancaster. I love it here because you always seem to bump into people you know, which I like. But if you prefer lots of variety then it's probably not for you :smile:
Reply 4
It is quite dark.
Reply 5
Nowheres gonna match up to London remember. Its a quiet nightlife, not that much choice. On the other hand, Manchester isnt far away, plenty of my friends go either there or Preston for a night out. There is something in Lancaster for each night of the week- except thursday (that i can think of). Would you really be going out every night. Also, its not so much the venue that makes a night but the company- Lancaster has lots of good friendly people to have fun with.
Reply 6
If you would get bored with going to the same venues over and over, every week for 3 years, and seeing the same people every time, then Lancaster is probably not for you.
Coming from London I would think most places will be a step down in nightlife. I like it though, you're always seeing people you know and it's not that expensive (if you do your pre-drinks properly!).
Reply 8
I dont actually go to Lancaster (yet) but if you are that desperate for a big night out there is Manchester a train journey away. Depends how often you will want to go out.
Reply 9
dont listen to people that slate it, its not the biggest town yeh but theres a good night for every night apart from sunday. we go out like 3 times a week n change around the days we go out on so it doesnt get to repetitive, its fine!
edd360
I dont actually go to Lancaster (yet) but if you are that desperate for a big night out there is Manchester a train journey away. Depends how often you will want to go out.

how far is it from lancaster to manchester?
Reply 11
jacy_babi
how far is it from lancaster to manchester?

It's about an hour on the train I think, depends if it's direct or not...

Or if you're driving or whatever...50 miles ish I think
Reply 12
Its actually further away then I thought it was..
Reply 13
I live in London too, but I lived in Lancaster for years. Despite its size, I loved the nightlife in Lancaster. You do see a lot of people you know, such is the curse of a smll city, but if you're more interested in meeting people always up for a laugh, getting involved with social circles who think outside the box, have regualr raves, house parties, guerilla gigs etc then its great. Aslo, when I lived in Lancaster we'd just hope on the train to Preston or Manchester and hit Gilly's Rock World or a gig at the arena or whatever.

Living in Lancaster is vastly different from London, but I miss what Lancaster has, being near to Manchester, Liverpool, Preston and also being able to run off for raves and secret parties in The Lake District and surrounding areas.

Its cheap, the people are mad as hatters and far more down to earth, laid back and up for al augh than in London and when there's no where to go we always just used it as an excuse to get everyone pissedo na house boat or raving in a field or jumping the train to Manc.

The train from Lancaster to Manchester Piccadily takes about 50 mins.
Yea I was wondering this aswell./ Also from London and obvioulsy anywhere is going to be a step down in terms of nightlife. I walked around Lancaster on Saturday and saw a few places to go out. Do you tend to have to leave the university or is there enough in the bars there are on campus??

How often do you go out if you do have to go to the city?? Yea basically i'm not expecting it to match London but is it still reasonable xx
xxHarrietxx24
Yea I was wondering this aswell./ Also from London and obvioulsy anywhere is going to be a step down in terms of nightlife. I walked around Lancaster on Saturday and saw a few places to go out. Do you tend to have to leave the university or is there enough in the bars there are on campus??

How often do you go out if you do have to go to the city?? Yea basically i'm not expecting it to match London but is it still reasonable xx

The bars have events on quite often from comedy nights to live music and pub quizzies so you can occupy yourself on campus should you wish to.

Most people go off campus though, especially if they want to go clubbing etc. Some places offer free buses, such as Sugar, there and back and others offer buses really cheaply [for example, it is £1 in advance or £1.50 on the bus to get a return to the Carleton in Morecambe]. Buses run until around midnight [longer at the weekend] so you can usually get a bus down and then a taxi back [which is around £8-10; not bad when in a full cab].

With regards clubs in town, there is some variety and you can usually find good student-orientated offers each night of the week. For example, Lounge do £1 cocktails on a Monday night, Elements have a 94p night etc. The choice is obviously limited by the size of the city but that doens't mean you can't have a good time. Far from it. In some ways, the fact you have a chance of bumping into people you know when out is quite nice - not had a night out yet where I haven't bumped into at least someone lol. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending