The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
r_perry> what circuit was it? i dont understand? c=e^(log10 (c))??? what is c? intercept or capacitance???

help!!! my exam is tomorrow!!!

Note: LED's do induce a voltage when light is neared it. We were told we wont need to know the concept. But something to do with electron carriers, like LDRs
Reply 21
tanc
r_perry> what circuit was it? i dont understand? c=e^(log10 (c))??? what is c? intercept or capacitance???

help!!! my exam is tomorrow!!!

Note: LED's do induce a voltage when light is neared it. We were told we wont need to know the concept. But something to do with electron carriers, like LDRs

Its just about moving a light nearer an led, u dont really need to know anything else. c is sumthing in an equation they give you. I basically used inverse log of base e when it was in base 10. so my answer was about 50 and it should have been about 8500
Reply 22
mine was ok i think - though our class got a whole range of values for c varying from 10 to 800! hmm. thought it was quite straightforward though!
Reply 23
my exam was ok - apart from we had to start it all over again after 15 minutes of doing it - he gave us the wrong ammeters. then my ammeter didnt work properly - and nor did my l.e.d. so he replaced them - then my ammeter still didnt really work - so i masde up my results pretty much. i realised it was a inversely p[roportional relationship because of the intensity of light. i answered the question about how the voltage was induced with too much detail i think - and the detail was probably wrong. i was really pissed after it - my exam was just ****ed up. oh well - there is always exercise 2 :frown:
Reply 24
can i ask evry1 wot their gradients were - i think mine was sumthing like -1.2
Reply 25
how come you guys had your pratical early, isnt it on the 25 may for everyone?
Reply 26
my practical is on next week! i am desperate for help! may i know if we will be asked to connect the circuit??
Reply 27
everything is set up for you. apart from knowing a little bit about voltages and semiconductors there isn't alot of preparation you can do!
ryan750 - i got about -2.2 for my gradient which about ties in with the inverse square law thing. i can't believe your teacher mucked you around so much! that is really unfair! im really hoping exercise 2 goes ok too - i don't think i will pass unit 5 because i can't do any of the past papers! eekkk!
Reply 28
I have my practical tomorrow - eek! I'm glad everyone else is pretty clueless like me! :confused: :smile:

Does anyone know what the practical that isn't about LEDs is on, cos I have to do them aswell?
Reply 29
looking at the past papers i have noticed SHM is a common topic. Circuits of some sort have also been popping up all the time except 2002. Molecular kinetic theory stuff came up once in june 03 and heat & working stuff alos came up once in june 04. Stress/strain young modulus etc has come up twice.

i think the experiments this year will most likely have some SHM , and we also know from the pre-release material we got some circuits.
Reply 30
how did u guys do on excersise 2, i think it was aight, pretty fair.

Latest