The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
38% according to this website.
http://www.dashdriving.com/test-advice/pass-rates.htm

This is the DSA's reasoning for the variations in pass-rates.
http://driving-tests.gov.uk/content.asp?id=13105

This website reckons your pass rate is 4.8% below the national average.
http://www.2pass.co.uk/passrates1.htm

I don't even know where Chingford is and have no experience of it..I just googled it for you :smile:
Reply 2
BJP
38% according to this website.
http://www.dashdriving.com/test-advice/pass-rates.htm

This is the DSA's reasoning for the variations in pass-rates.
http://driving-tests.gov.uk/content.asp?id=13105

This website reckons your pass rate is 4.8% below the national average.
http://www.2pass.co.uk/passrates1.htm

I don't even know where Chingford is and have no experience of it..I just googled it for you :smile:

Thank you very much, information was great.
Reply 3
They have various amounts of tests routes for each centre so not really worth trying to work it out.
Its just like any other drive, your being told where to go.. just your being marked etc.
You live near my gran!

Sorry, I have nothing helpful to contribute to the thread. Good luck though!
Reply 6
Qu3
They have various amounts of tests routes for each centre so not really worth trying to work it out.
Its just like any other drive, your being told where to go.. just your being marked etc.

It is sometimes. Where I did my test, they do different routes depending upon the time of day (it's a traffic hell-hole) and so you can prettymuch guarantee which route you're going to take depending upon the time of day. My instructor actually took me on the exact route I did for my test in the hour leading up to it, as he knew that's the one I'd be doing at that time of day.
Reply 7
recently took my test in both Chingford and Wood Green test centres and failed both times:frown:
1. Chingford- 8.10 in the morning examiner was really nice middle aged white man, he had short brownish hair he was calm made me feel at ease and confident on the road, he introduced himself and told me not to panic, he gave me very clear info what he would like me to do etc. he told me that if any time you forget the directions please ask, if he wanted me to turn left he would give enough notice, in between directions he would ask small questions like would you normally be working at this time...
I was very nervous initially but was soon feel at near complete ease when i learned that he was a normal human being like myself, so i said to him i thought driving examiners were horrible people, his reply was we are not horrible we are just here to assess how your training has been going and if you are safe enough for the roads.
but unfortunately i wasn't safe enough for the roads as i made a serious mistake at a double mini round about, when i got to the first roundabout i gave way to traffic coming from my right and then proceed what i didn't realised was that the next roundabout was ajoining i did look to my right, there was a car indicating i thought was a left signal but was a right so attempt to go and he stomp on the brake, altho in real life some ppl would go aswel as wasn't close enough to cause an accident but on the test you have to abide by the rules, traffic to your right has priority unless they are turning left.
So i failed and quiet rightly so.

Wood Green- Was EARLY WET morning my Examiner was an old chubby white hair bloke he asked to see my license filled his form out then ask if i was still living at the same address, then ask me to read and if i accept terms/con i should sign and so i did. then he said something to my instructor about how early it was, he then said to me lets go, outside the building he said to me" i'm ..... by the way, lets go over here and if you could read the license plate number on the wall please i did and he said ok.
We then got in the car he asked show me tell me questions then he asked me to carry out the bay parking manoeuvre (in test centre car park) i messed it up so i asked him if i could fixed it and he said yes, i fixed when reversing i could see from my left hand mirror that i was still too wide so basically right side of car was over the white line i didn't finish the manoeuvre yet i paused and was going ask to fix again and he said i'd like you to come out and take a left just watch the pavement when you are coming out.
Driving down the Lordship Lane high road he said horrible weather i'd rather be in my bed, this weather should be night time only, to cut long story short this man was not nice, i find him intimidating and his tone of voice sent my heart racing 120mph, when he wanted me to turn left or right he didn't give enough notice at one turning i had to brake harder than i should in order to drop speed to change to first gear before turning as was a tight road, we were waiting at a stop light for about 10mins at busy junction and during that time he said nothing to me was so uncomfortable.
I forgot one of the directions he gave so i asked did you want me to take first left then right, his reply was " left and left", i was hoping this man would talk to me and not be so stern or may i say abrupt.
Before i knew it we were on route back to the centre was a full 40mins, back at the centre he said to slowly go straight down the end and stop, engine off he said to me "ok you failed you want me to explain why, i didn't answer as i was so upset, one how intimidating the process was and two a whole lot of my money wasted.
I got 6 minors and one serious for the bay park.
I think this man does not like early mornings and wet weather, i don't know maybe he is an ok examiner but unfortunately my experience with him was unpleasant.
Grumpy old man, any other recent stories?
Reply 8
Since original post was in 09 am sure you've passed by now,

Any pupil should be able to drive anywhere- the point in test is to show this to examiner.

Worst current pass rates are in Leeds and best in Kendal ( most are around 45%) we often use Kendal maybe this is why pass rate good!!

Examiners are just people doing a job! Try not to think test just think of it as another drive or new passenger etc I appreciate this is easier than said than done. You need to be confident that you would be able to get in a car and drive safely once you have passed, if you do not feel this you may not be ready.
Reply 9
Don't bother there is a nasty examiner Callum he deliberately failed me twice and I strongly feel it was becos I am a foreigner
Hi,
Do you feel that you would be safe to drive (in any area) when you have passed your test?
Does your instructor believe you are ready for test?
Do you believe you would be able to transport your friends/collagues/children safely?
Will you promise to not drink and drive, switch off your phone and concentrate all times?

If yes then do not worry about test routes nor which examiner you get nor the pass rate of that centre, believe in yourself and show the examiner your are a safe driver - it is up to you whether you pass or fail - examiners do not discriminate they mark honestly.

If you answered No then you are not ready for test and need some more lessons!
All the best.
Sarah Mitchell - approved driving instructor.
Reply 11
I have lost counts of how many times, I have taken driving test. I strongly believe that, having some sort of technology that will judge someone's ability to drive will solve the problem of some instructors deliberately failing certain group of people.
Reply 12
i was done driving test 3 times in chingford and i was failed that just only one little mistake i am very upset because of examiners they r very rude and bastard they don't v any heart they r races they failed me just because of racism its very shameful
Reply 13
o:angry:
Original post by hazzardzz
...Chingford Driving Test Centre?

How was the test route?

How were the examiners?

Does anyone know the pass rate?

Thanks

James
Reply 14
examiners of chingford r very bad and rude :angry:
Original post by mericruz
i was done driving test 3 times in chingford and i was failed that just only one little mistake i am very upset because of examiners they r very rude and bastard they don't v any heart they r races they failed me just because of racism its very shameful

sometimes all it takes is one little mistake and someone could lose their life.
my friend, they aren't being racist to you, they pass/fail you depending on how safe they deem you to be on the road.
don't worry and don't give up. next time don't make the same mistake. and take your time on the road
Reply 16
I really believe that taking your test in wood green is not a good Idea. All the examiners are old and grumpy.
If your ready your ready regardless of test routes or centres. If you pass its a full licence, if you say I failed because I have been there before, that junction was really hard you are simply not ready. That one mistake could potentially lead to a loss of life. Practice, Practice your driving an expensive deadly weapon.
Original post by Emma432
recently took my test in both Chingford and Wood Green test centres and failed both times:frown:
1. Chingford- 8.10 in the morning examiner was really nice middle aged white man, he had short brownish hair he was calm made me feel at ease and confident on the road, he introduced himself and told me not to panic, he gave me very clear info what he would like me to do etc. he told me that if any time you forget the directions please ask, if he wanted me to turn left he would give enough notice, in between directions he would ask small questions like would you normally be working at this time...
I was very nervous initially but was soon feel at near complete ease when i learned that he was a normal human being like myself, so i said to him i thought driving examiners were horrible people, his reply was we are not horrible we are just here to assess how your training has been going and if you are safe enough for the roads.
but unfortunately i wasn't safe enough for the roads as i made a serious mistake at a double mini round about, when i got to the first roundabout i gave way to traffic coming from my right and then proceed what i didn't realised was that the next roundabout was ajoining i did look to my right, there was a car indicating i thought was a left signal but was a right so attempt to go and he stomp on the brake, altho in real life some ppl would go aswel as wasn't close enough to cause an accident but on the test you have to abide by the rules, traffic to your right has priority unless they are turning left.
So i failed and quiet rightly so.

Wood Green- Was EARLY WET morning my Examiner was an old chubby white hair bloke he asked to see my license filled his form out then ask if i was still living at the same address, then ask me to read and if i accept terms/con i should sign and so i did. then he said something to my instructor about how early it was, he then said to me lets go, outside the building he said to me" i'm ..... by the way, lets go over here and if you could read the license plate number on the wall please i did and he said ok.
We then got in the car he asked show me tell me questions then he asked me to carry out the bay parking manoeuvre (in test centre car park) i messed it up so i asked him if i could fixed it and he said yes, i fixed when reversing i could see from my left hand mirror that i was still too wide so basically right side of car was over the white line i didn't finish the manoeuvre yet i paused and was going ask to fix again and he said i'd like you to come out and take a left just watch the pavement when you are coming out.
Driving down the Lordship Lane high road he said horrible weather i'd rather be in my bed, this weather should be night time only, to cut long story short this man was not nice, i find him intimidating and his tone of voice sent my heart racing 120mph, when he wanted me to turn left or right he didn't give enough notice at one turning i had to brake harder than i should in order to drop speed to change to first gear before turning as was a tight road, we were waiting at a stop light for about 10mins at busy junction and during that time he said nothing to me was so uncomfortable.
I forgot one of the directions he gave so i asked did you want me to take first left then right, his reply was " left and left", i was hoping this man would talk to me and not be so stern or may i say abrupt.
Before i knew it we were on route back to the centre was a full 40mins, back at the centre he said to slowly go straight down the end and stop, engine off he said to me "ok you failed you want me to explain why, i didn't answer as i was so upset, one how intimidating the process was and two a whole lot of my money wasted.
I got 6 minors and one serious for the bay park.
I think this man does not like early mornings and wet weather, i don't know maybe he is an ok examiner but unfortunately my experience with him was unpleasant.
Grumpy old man, any other recent stories?

Roger at Chingford was really nice and polite, even if I did not pass :-)
Original post by bobbielee
Roger at Chingford was really nice and polite, even if I did not pass :-)

I recently took my test in Chingford but failed for a stupid mistake. I knew i had to be in the left hand land of the dual carriage way but wasnt focused enough to move into the left lane. When i realised i should move into the left lane i couldn't becuase other cars started to undertake me.

On my second test at Chingford i had a lady called Sandra as my examiner and she instructed me to turn right at the end of the road. I was indicating to do so and couldn't due to traffic. Before i knew it another driver mistimed the corner and crashed head on with me!!! This test went down as a no result and i did not get refunded! luckily this does not affect me on insurance as i did not make the claim the instructor did claim.

My third test was in Chingford again at 8:40am. I also had Roger and i have to say he was the best and very lenient. Managed to pass with 0 faults in rainy conditions.

Latest

Trending

Trending