The Student Room Group

Do you listen to your music at full volume?

When do you do it if you do?
What type of music is it usually?
Do you do it on really good, loud headphones or...
Has your hearing been effected by doing so?

Personally I only listen to my music at full volume when in a car/bus, extremely angry or doing a pretty strenuous exercise...(physically not mentally!) My current headphones are a pair from Poundland, so they arn't the greatest of quality...

Scroll to see replies

When I'm at home or somewhere with speakers.
Death metal.
I don't put it very loudly at all when I've got headphones in. I'm paranoid; my eyes died, and I don't want to see the funeral of my ears as well.
I think my hearing's not too bad, but I'm trying not to take any chances.
I listen to music on the way to school every day at full volume (+100%) on itunes.

Its uaually like dance/trance deep bass stuff and sometimes i get a really bad ringing in my ears. I went to the doctors and they said it was because the music so wouldnt recommend that :smile:
deeznutztatseguuuud
I listen to music on the way to school every day at full volume (+100%) on itunes.

Its uaually like dance/trance deep bass stuff and sometimes i get a really bad ringing in my ears. I went to the doctors and they said it was because the music so wouldnt recommend that :smile:

Why did you go to the doctors for that?? You're a moron wasting tax payer's money.
On my PC - I can't stomach 100% full volume. My speakers are brilliantly loud - I'd probably get kicked out of halls.
The loudest I can go is about 60% before things start shaking.

I have Sennheiser RS140 wireless headphones for listening to music at night on my PC - really good quality and I can go to the kitchen and make a sammich whilst still listening to my music as well. :biggrin: Those on full volume is too much for me.

On the go I have Sennheiser CX300s - As they're in ear... those on full volume too would be far too much.

I can't stand low quality audio equipment. My iPod earphones I tried for about 3 minutes and the lack of bass response and pumped treble was grating. That's the crap that will do your ears in.

In summary - I'm not an idiot who listens to music at full pelt because I like to keep my eardrums.
Reply 5
if no-one else is in the house then i wack it up to 100% yeh!

I've got some fairly deisent speakers, so the music sounds good when its loud
Reply 6
EvenStevens

On the go I have Sennheiser CX300s - As they're in ear... those on full volume too would be far too much.

Same very good sound qualitly and bass - i agree, full volume with my zen would be far too much!
Not generally, because my speakers are pretty loud tbh. Coupled with the kind of music I listen to (Loud, agressive rock/metal type stuff) I start feeling guilty about inflicting it on others after a song or two, so I hold back full volume for my earphones or in the car.

When no ones home ill turn it up higher than usual, but never full volume thats stupidly loud.
Reply 8
I hate people who play their music at full volume. If you want to hear it loud wear ******* headphones, bloody irritating *****.
Reply 9
I listen to metal/industrial/soundtracks mostly and when I'm alone I will listen to it full blast but usually it's to a moderate level as I know I hate to hear other peoples music when I'm trying to work so I take into consideration other people too.
screwyouguysimgoinghome
Why did you go to the doctors for that?? You're a moron wasting tax payer's money.

Yep denied yer less fortunate family food for a week :smile: my bad.
Reply 11
Computer volume - 75
Headphone volume - 100
Music player volume - 100

I likes it loud. :smile:
Only when I am working out because it is motivating.
when no ones in the house then yes, headphones yes, music is varied predominantly rock though.
Reply 14
Ipod everyday on the way to and from college, full volume, bands on my profile + usually heavier stuff and some dance type stuff.
I can hear just fine=].
When get back from gigs my ears are ringing for hourssss after though, but I kinda like that:p:
no, I get paranoid. Although, I put it quite close to the loudest when bored.
No, never. I actually want my ears to last and delay the need for hearing aids! . . :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Invest in some decent headhphones and you won't have to.
Reply 18
not full, but close enough.
deeznutztatseguuuud
Yep denied yer less fortunate family food for a week :smile: my bad.

My less fortunate family? Less forunate you say? If you knew me I can categorically guarantee you wouldn't consider me less fortunate in any conceivable way. Particularly in comparison to yourself.

Latest

Trending

Trending