The Student Room Group

Student finance for year abroad questions

I first posted this in the finance section but I think I have more chance of getting an answer here maybe.

I'm doing Erasmus next year and so do not have to pay tuition fees, should I put nil amount in the tuition fees box?

In Section 3 where it asks whether you are spending each term, I'm not sure whether to put study abroad or placement in the UK or abroad... in fact, thinking about it, should I be putting university or college as well (because I will be at university abroad). If you tick university or college and/or study abroad for all 3 terms, it says to move onto the next section but then you don't answer the question about Erasmus. :confused:
Reply 1
Well, you are studying abroad, so I'd put that. I'm pretty sure that's what I chose and it didn't affect my Erasmus stuff - I still got the grant.

And yeah, just put £0 in the tuition fees box. They'll probably phone to confirm it's right, but that's just a precautionary type thingy.

Your university should let you know about the forms you need to fill in to get the Erasmus grant, because they're different.
Reply 2
Choose study abroad for all three terms.
I ticked studying abroad for all 3 terms, and then it asked me for an address I think and I just said to be confirmed. Then there is a question about are you going abroad as part of the ERASMUS programme, so here you tick yes (can't remember if it said to skip it or not but I ticked it anyway) and then for the tuition fee loan amount write zero, and then I think I wrote ERASMUS funded study abroad year or something like that. It all worked out fine!

Make sure you pay attention to emails etc from your home university as they will contact you with the forms you need to fill out to register for recieving the erasmus grant, this isn't done via the student loans company, its a seperate thing which you apply for seperately.

Latest

Trending

Trending