The Student Room Group
Any paper sat under exam conditions. Prelims, NABs if you're at Higher/Adv Higher level. They're as much luck as science though.
After the results. Would be a wasted appeal if it turned out you got 5 A's wouldn't it? If you see yourself getting 5 C's the School is unlikely to have enough evidence for a sufficient appeal anyway.
Reply 3
I got my appeal last year. Basically my teacher past evidence on to the SQA. There isn't really much involved in the system it is more down to the school.
Elodie

It really depends on what estimate your school sent SQA, based on their assessment of work you have completed throughout the course. If, on the day of the exam, you do not achieve the result your school or college expected, an appeal can be submitted on your behalf – but only if you have attempted all parts of the assessment and your school or college has sufficient and appropriate evidence to support their estimate.

Hope the throat is better, and you don't need to appeal!
SAM :smile:
Reply 5
It can depend on what estimated grade your school sent to the SQA. On results day, the SQA send your school a list of people who did significantly worse than expected. If you're on this list then the SQA will more than likely accept your appeal. But this is after the August results came out. This happened to me when I was predicated a 1 for Standard Grade Modern Studies, and came out with a 3! (It turns out they'd lost my credit paper!) After my appeal I was awarded a 1 :smile:

I also had to appeal last year for Higher Sociology when I broke my right wrist the day before the exam...they sent away my prelim paper, NABs and any other practice essays done under exam conditions. Unfortunately (because I already had my unconditional) I didn't really bother with my prelims in 6th year and was only awarded a C on appeal. In this case, because they knew I would miss the exam (and I had a doctors letter) the result of my appeal was on my certificate along with my other results.

You said you were ill during your mocks? Surely you just need to make sure you don't need an appeal and therefore won't need to worry about how rubbish your appeal material is!

Also, my school were reluctant to appeal for my Standard Grade so you have to keep on at them. They tried to say that it was irrelevant because they were still letting me sit the Higher etc, but it was important to me! Keep hassling them if you reallyreally want an appeal (my auntie is a teacher and said the Principal Teacher probably couldn't be bothered gathering the appeal material!)
Don't rely on your appeals..seriously it's a bit of a mistake.. Last year I was really cocky and arrogant about the exams for the finals because I got straight 1's in the prelims.. but I ended up with straight 2's in the finals and my excuse for not as revising as much was ''ohh it's fine I've got appeals''

bigggg mistake!
Just work hard from now and you will be fine :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks everyone I think I've got it sorted in my head now. I just need to hope it doesn't come to appeals!

Latest

Trending

Trending