Reply 40
canada_boi
:smile: hey i found out wat its gonna b on
its gonna b on food tests using benedicts and iodine solutions :biggrin: :tsr:

is this for theA2or AS practical? :confused:
I think food test
Enzyme
and banana slide may all come up...
(not sure coz just gathered what everyone says)
Reply 42
I was stressed out big time today bout this exam tomoz.

Teacher aint that helpful, but he says that enzymes and mitosis come up year after year!!!!!
I also revised the food tests we were given (Starch, reducing,non-reducing sugars, protein)

Well good luck everyone, just think this time 2moz it'll all be over!!!

Fairy xx :confused:
Reply 43
plzzzzzzzzzzz tell ,me wot's its gonna be coz i m really confused.wot about mitosis could come up.
Reply 44
cantona
is this for theA2or AS practical? :confused:

this is for As level OCR bio practicle. :biggrin:
Chopsta
hey there, I kno wats its on! My teacher was so touched with the flowers id organised for her from the class, (im in yr 13, so im leavin this yr), and I asked her would we be expected make a slide for the prac nd she basically told me! She said yes, its on bananas and you wipe some banana on the slide and look for starch grains, with iodine and the other part is testing for reducing and non-reducing sugars, well done midget gems, u were right mate! Good luck everyone for tomorrow, it sounds much more straight forward than last yr, those who are resiting also will kno wat im talkin about, do yas kno that OCR sent a letter of apology to all centres for that prac? Lol!
Bonne chance! :biggrin:

u sure! Sounds unlikely that any teacher would tell even in your circumstances. Don't take this wrong but we never did anything like this before...just seems a bit different from all the enzyme stuff, etc
How do we recognise starch grains under the microscope? Is it just the colour change we r sposed to look for, cos i dont have a clue what starch grains look like?!
fairy princess
How do we recognise starch grains under the microscope? Is it just the colour change we r sposed to look for, cos i dont have a clue what starch grains look like?!

iodine will (should) stain them dark brown/black.
fairy princess

have a look at page 26 on your biology 1 book, there is a picture of potato starch grains, but it will normaly shows purple colour under the light microscope , coz of the iodine solution:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
devilsangel
have a look at page 26 on your biology 1 book, there is a picture of potato starch grains, but it will normaly shows purple colour under the light microscope , coz of the iodine solution:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

but that's a SEM photo. You won't get anywhere near that resolution...I'd be lucky to even get visible grains :frown:
what is your paper reference FOR biology prac? COZ THE PAPER MAY VARIES.
My is 2803/03
definiately not that clear but very similar i think, you can always search on google for the purple colour one.hehe.....
devilsangel
My is 2803/03

can't find it. where is it?
Reply 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopsta
hey there, I kno wats its on! My teacher was so touched with the flowers id organised for her from the class, (im in yr 13, so im leavin this yr), and I asked her would we be expected make a slide for the prac nd she basically told me! She said yes, its on bananas and you wipe some banana on the slide and look for starch grains, with iodine and the other part is testing for reducing and non-reducing sugars, well done midget gems, u were right mate! Good luck everyone for tomorrow, it sounds much more straight forward than last yr, those who are resiting also will kno wat im talkin about, do yas kno that OCR sent a letter of apology to all centres for that prac? Lol!
Bonne chance!

u sure! Sounds unlikely that any teacher would tell even in your circumstances. Don't take this wrong but we never did anything like this before...just seems a bit different from all the enzyme stuff, etc

but doing a slide with starch grains relates to the plan more than enzymes would.
keyka
but doing a slide with starch grains relates to the plan more than enzymes would.

The practical doesn't necessarily have to be connected to the plan. That way if u screwed up your plan, u won't have a wrong idea in your head and screw up the practical too.
Reply 55
omg really? it must have been really hard then last year.what did you have to do in the practical? seems a bit unlike the exam board to actually apologise!!
Reply 56
coldfusion
The practical doesn't necessarily have to be connected to the plan. That way if u screwed up your plan, u won't have a wrong idea in your head and screw up the practical too.

theres usually a slight link- and both involve slides so that works.
Reply 57
devilsangel
My is 2803/03

Mine is 2812, you have a very good point, we could all be sharing the experiment but all get a different papers!? I have heard on the grapevine its benedicts tho! lol Apparently, so I've been told some colour blind people at school were asked before the exam on there judgment of red and blue shades so I'm pretty sure theres not really any other explanation other than benedicts for that. Hope that helps anyone on 2812. Soph x :p:
Reply 58
my teacher has given my class no help at all!
we only handed our practicle thingy in 2day!!!!
Judging by what everyone has said i think it is going to be Enzymes or starch tests
the microscope test is likely to be on parts of a human cell..thats what past slides have been anyway!!!
good luck everyone
D XxX
My paper reference 2803/03
we have done potato slide and enzyme experiments the other day, and my teacher spent the whole lesson on enzyme talking the day after, so i think i may get enzyme and starch test for my paper! anyone is doing my paper???

Latest

Trending

Trending