The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

zippyRN
the vehicle terpinol 's post shows is a YAS West Yorkshire vehicle ( roof code 13 = WY) it was doing a neonate retrevial from preston when it had the RTC

Cheers Zippy.

(am I right in thinking yorkshire, preston, manch, leeds, that general end of things are the midlands?)

phew, still though must have been awful :frown:
terpineol
Cheers Zippy.

(am I right in thinking yorkshire, preston, manch, leeds, that general end of things are the midlands?)

Not really. Yorkshire and Leeds come under the Yorkshire and Humber region, and Manchester and Preston are North West England :yy:
Alex L
Not really. Yorkshire and Leeds come under the Yorkshire and Humber region, and Manchester and Preston are North West England :yy:

North england? Where does that put me?

Where exactly are the midlands then, if not inbetween?
terpineol
North england? Where does that put me?

Where exactly are the midlands then, if not inbetween?

The Midlands are a rather moot region of the country, just the area in between the typically defined South and North :p:

What do you mean where does that put you? In Wiltshire or Andrews?
Alex L
The Midlands are a rather moot region of the country, just the area in between the typically defined South and North :p:

Well in wilts I'm in the london commuting lands, so I generally regard that as the south. You can have breakfast and then leave for the city, but its outside the M25, and south of bristol, as such it is what we like to call 'the civilised world'.

At the moment I'm in an ectopic bit of surrey, but if I walk five miles in just about any direction but into the sea, I get into a craphole quickly. We call those areas 'Fife'.

I always assumed the midlands was just south of the borders. (being somewhat in the middle of the country).
Alex L

I beg to differ :mad:
terpineol
Well in wilts I'm in the london commuting lands, so I generally regard that as the south. You can have breakfast and then leave for the city, but its outside the M25, and south of bristol, as such it is what we like to call 'the civilised world'.

At the moment I'm in an ectopic bit of surrey, but if I walk five miles in just about any direction but into the sea, I get into a craphole quickly. We call those areas 'Fife'.

I always assumed the midlands was just south of the borders. (being somewhat in the middle of the country).

:rofl:

Nah, the Midlands are the middle of the country when defined as England, not the UK :p:
littleshambles
I beg to differ :mad:

:shh:

I'm a Midlander myself :p:
Ambulance Service for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
midlands = leics, notts, lincs, derbys,northants. warks, W mids, Staffs, hereford and worcester
Alex L

even though i lived in bristol/somerset for 12years i still consider myself a midlander too! I was born in stoke-on-trent (englands armpit) and now live in nottingham! I've even registered on the electoral thingy here hehe
Reply 53
so it seems to be that it is just scottish ambulances which are a proper colour (i.e. white) the people who live in the house behind me are paramedics and the ambulance is parked outside right now! looks like this

apparently in england it is st john's ambulance service but it scotland it is st andrew's (or the other way round, i cant remember!)
Reply 54
terpineol

:rofl: haha too true! fife is considered to be a bit of a dump by many and st andrews, crail and anstruther (elie at a push) are its only refining features

i mean no disrespect to fifers - just this is how many people see the place
Reply 55
is that like, a trick question?
Alex L

Ahhh, who am I kidding, it's true :bawling:
Alex L

I'm a Midlander myself

Unlucky mate :awesome:
FTC199
so it seems to be that it is just scottish ambulances which are a proper colour (i.e. white) the people who live in the house behind me are paramedics and the ambulance is parked outside right now! looks like this

Spoiler

apparently in england it is st john's ambulance service but it scotland it is st andrew's (or the other way round, i cant remember!)

Nah, it's just that you Scots are well behind the rest of the EU :p: Seems that carrier pigeon hasn't quite reached you yet :awesome:
Democracy
Unlucky mate :awesome:

:getmecoat:

Latest

Trending

Trending