The Student Room Group

The offical 'OMG I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT MY NHS BURSARY' thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
PhoenixFortune
I think it might be done by institution (perhaps alphabetically?), as I know some SLT students that have had theirs and I haven't had mine, but none of them are going to go to the same university as me. Each uni passes on the names of NHS funded students to the bursary people so maybe some are just slower at it than others? Living in Northern Ireland won't make a difference, as it stills counts as you being a resident of the UK.

I'll leave it a couple of days and then give them a ring.
Reply 221
I'm still waiting on my number :frown:
me too i still don't have mine!
Does any know if you have to send the DSA application and regualr bursary application at the same time ?
Reply 223
Still not received mine. Who do I ring up to ask about it?
Al0n
Still not received mine. Who do I ring up to ask about it?

I think you just ring the NHS Bursary General Enquiries line. This is found on their website.

I think that some universities are just slow at sending a list of their firm students to the NHS. I'm filling out my bursary form right now to save time so when I do get my number I can just write it on and send it off straight away.
Reply 225
Well, it is Hertfordshire I am going to and they were pretty much the last Uni to offer places for the course.
Al0n
Well, it is Hertfordshire I am going to and they were pretty much the last Uni to offer places for the course.

I've had an unconditional offer from my university since December, so I have no idea how long it took for them to decide on the conditional offers.

EDIT: I got my NHS number today in the post. :smile: Hope you get yours soon too!
Anyone else having kittens about filling the form in? It just seems so unnecessarily complicated :frown:
ChrisWilliams
Anyone else having kittens about filling the form in? It just seems so unnecessarily complicated :frown:

I am. :s-smilie:

They're asking me what my rent is, and I have no idea! And won't have any idea until August time!

Plus, I had to go to my and my parents' building societies and get a letter stating what their interest after tax is, which isn't much at all! It's hardly worth mentioning!
Reply 229
ahhhh I havent got my number! I am thinking of ringing them? is that the best thing to do?
Reply 230
Heeyyy guys I am a little confused... in section 7A it says if you are a single student you should go to section 8... but then in section 8 it wants details of people who are dependent i.e. have children...

I am a single student... so where do I put my parents income details?
Reply 231
zanzapan
Heeyyy guys I am a little confused... in section 7A it says if you are a single student you should go to section 8... but then in section 8 it wants details of people who are dependent i.e. have children...

I am a single student... so where do I put my parents income details?

The parents details are asked for on page 11.
Reply 232
still havent got the reference number... should I be worrying?
i don't have mine either, but i've just thought the form is asking for a tendency argreement which i might not get till July cause i'm moving into halls ! there must be different deadlines or soemthing cause they can't expect us to send them in for yesterday when they haven't sent us the numbers yet !
musicmad123
i don't have mine either, but i've just thought the form is asking for a tendency argreement which i might not get till July cause i'm moving into halls ! there must be different deadlines or soemthing cause they can't expect us to send them in for yesterday when they haven't sent us the numbers yet !

There are different deadlines to send the form in by. I know someone who got their number last month and their deadline is 11th June, and mine is 25th June as I only got mine last week.

As for the tenancy agreement thing, somone rang them up and said you should put in the box an estimate of your future rent and send on your tenancy agreement when you get it. I just put in the box 'UNKNOWN AS YET' because I'm renting privately and have literally no idea how much rent I will eventually pay.
Reply 235
zanzapan
still havent got the reference number... should I be worrying?

I think the ref nos should be arriving soon.
I rang the bursary people and the girl said my uni hadn't sent my details yet. She reassured me that it would only take a month to process the application and advised me to fill out the rest of the form and put the ref. no. in when I get it.
When I then rang the uni they said that all the info had been sent to NHS Bursaries a week ago! The lady said she 'wasn't surprised in the least' that it wasn't recorded on the bursary system yet, and advised me to call back in a weeks time if I need to chase it up again :rolleyes:

Regarding the 'tenancy' question, I'm just putting in the weekly rent amount as quoted in the university accomodation website.
PhoenixFortune
There are different deadlines to send the form in by. I know someone who got their number last month and their deadline is 11th June, and mine is 25th June as I only got mine last week.

As for the tenancy agreement thing, somone rang them up and said you should put in the box an estimate of your future rent and send on your tenancy agreement when you get it. I just put in the box 'UNKNOWN AS YET' because I'm renting privately and have literally no idea how much rent I will eventually pay.

Ah ok thanks :smile: i will try and stop worrying haha
Hey, im doing physio at brunel next year, and am still yet to recieve my reference number. ive been told that the deadline is the 11th june by a couple mates, but when i rang up the bursary helpline thing, the automatic message said reference numbers will all be sent out by July.

confused... what is the actual deadline?
champion92
Hey, im doing physio at brunel next year, and am still yet to recieve my reference number. ive been told that the deadline is the 11th june by a couple mates, but when i rang up the bursary helpline thing, the automatic message said reference numbers will all be sent out by July.

confused... what is the actual deadline?

The NHS Student Numbers are given out in batches, so you'll have a deadline that corresponds with when you receive your number i.e. a deadline date which is about 3 weeks from the date you receive your number.

Hope that's cleared it up for you. :smile:
im doing the degree so bursary is income-assessed.

Anyone know about tax credits?

Does it count as income support, cos if not i carnt find a bit for it in the checklist bit!

Im an so confused

Cheers again

Ad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending