The Student Room Group

Anyone doing English Lit with WJEC?

How are you revising? Who else is learning about Plath's poetry? The exam is getting scarily close now, although in a way I'm looking forward to it!?
Reply 1
Yep thats me!

I've chosen 12 Plath poems that I think generally cover all the main themes, and I'm going to revise them specifically... How about you?
Reply 2
Hi :smile: I'm doing a similar thing, mainly revising poems which cover the main themes. I'm hoping a question on the use of the 'Natural World' might come up but who knows. I'm also matching Plath poems up to some of Ted Hughes' poems with similar themes. Ahh wasn't Plath a happy writer lol (!).
Reply 3
haha yeah lol.

only thing is...in the january exam that some people did there was a question on how they display setting, so it might not come up again straight after?
Reply 4
Yeah it probably won't come up, oh well maybe 'Identity' will. Or something completely random.
Reply 5
identity..hmm...what poems would you use for that?

If it were me, I'd like one on fatherhood or paranoia :smile:
Reply 6
I've been looking at Daddy, Birthday Present, Facelift, Tulips and Mirror for Identity. Which poems would you use for fatherhood?
Reply 7
I am, but I'm not really revising. I don't know how. That's not really good.
What play are you doing? I'm doing Arcadia.
Reply 8
Hevonen
I've been looking at Daddy, Birthday Present, Facelift, Tulips and Mirror for Identity. Which poems would you use for fatherhood?

Well, Daddy of course. Then I'd probably go with Full Fathom Five. For Hughes I'd take 'Being Christlike' and 'The Bee God'. I'm trying to limit myself to just 2 poems for Plath cos otherwise I tend to not go deep enough. And also the mark schemey people suggested it :smile:

As for the play, I'm doing Miller's Broken Glass. It's good =]
Reply 9
I find the best way of revising for English lit. seems to be making notes on themes and putting certain poem's/scene's together with others both from the same author and another related poem/fact relating to context. Also doing plenty of practise papers is helpful. English is meant to be one of the hardest subjects to revise 'tho.
I'm doing Murmuring Judges as the play.
Reply 10
Thanks lauralegend, that helps as I hadn't really thought of fatherhood as a theme for some reason. :smile:
lol, I hadn't really thought of identity either! Chances are, one of them will come up now :smile:
What 12 poems are you doing if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending